What is the best 2.4GHZ controller for VESC?

all the input hardware is in there! we could swap the board out with a gt2b board and hook the thumb control up to the trigger port. Its hackerin’ time!

btw i ordered one of those things from Carvon, for science. It could potentially be sort of what i just described anyway.

I am actually really starting to like/trust my Kama nunchuck, it has been very reliable up to know.

BTW, doesn’t the VESC take care of the dead-man-switch ? There’s a timeout for no control signal received.

Looking forward to your findings.

yeah, after all my testing I still only ride with the Kama.

1 Like

hey, anyone out there ever used a GT2E?? I just realized today that I have one for my RC car and its almost identical to the GT2B from what I can tell?

Got one now. Just trying to find time to actually set it up with the tool, Had difficulty binding the receiver to transmitter, but think that is now good.

That’s really reliable , it has never let me down or dropped connection over 7months

just worth noting that the GT2E is different internally and wouldn’t fit in a bad wolf enclosure.

I just bought a FlySky GT2E transmitter and i am so happy with it. I couldn’t miss it.

I tried the smaller Quanum Pistol (HobbyKing) and a Nunchuck(@Hummie) and both transmitter had problems with the connection to the VESC. But now I have the GT2E and it is reliable as hell. You can start your board (VESC) and can turn on the Transmitter and you will always have a good and reliable connection.

I would assume that the GT2 transmitter series (GT2B, C, D, E) is the best transmitter with a good price about 30€.

The circuit board, the trigger and that stuff is smaller in the GT2E. I found a picture of the internal:

You just need to buy one Cell LiPo Battery like this one: One Cell LiPo and one charging board Charging Board

Then you can build a Bad Wolf Mod.

Maybe I make a Build Thread about that. Should I?

try this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1013293

there you go.

looks nice.

i made sure to read all replies before sending this message… I have a wiiceiver and a wireless nyko kama as well and I’m curious about how you went about soldering the receiver to the wiiceiver. Did you open up the receiver? or did you just add solder onto the wiiceiver’s contacts? You’re right about the thickness of the wiiceiver being too thin; it wobbles a lot.

here’s one I prepared earlier.

2 Likes

New evolve remote has a built in display.

Oh man… Need… 20 characters blah

I’m having some serious issues binding the receiver once I printed a smaller enclosure for it. How did you solve your binding issues?

Maybe try this https://youtu.be/mVDJDHCGwQ4

Id just play around with it. Been ages since I last tried it.

Does anyone know if this remote will work on a DIY board? Its $30 with free shipping from Indiana. I like the form factor. Does NOT come with a receiver so Id like to find out what kind of receiver would be required before I pull the trigger on one (no pun intended).

if it doesn’t come with a receiver there’s a fair chance you will have a hard time getting it to work.

Bummer. Knew it had to be too good to be true.

How you get the GT2E to connect with the BDLC ?