What does motor MAX actually means?

@devin, I mentioned several times that I don’t like it when you quote me out of context.
Now you did it again, single statements out of a private conversation…

Good luck

I am slowly working on a video logging solution even if at the moment it’s all in alpha stage and requires multiple apps/steps.

I recorded a video holding an ipad with an ios logging app that is actually working and uses the adafruit bluefruit bluetooth chip thing. here’s the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBh3x0yLSbo

I integrated the logging to .json file on that app, and that file needs to be manually imported in a animation generator script/app that right now needs to be screen-recorded (example here) and manually overlayed onto a video through a video editing software (a very manual and cumbersome process) - hopefully I will have time to make it easier and build a full-fledged app/solution to do that. There is an android app as well that does logging in excel format but I couldn’t try yet. I will do in a week or so when I get back home.

Well I don’t know the winding resistance of the enertion rspec 6372 (also they’re not showing up on the site anymore) but I can tell you that the voltage the vesc was showing when the battery was almost fully charge is 32V as you can see in the video, and that on my current board/build I have only 1 vesc / 1 motor and these are the vesc settings:

----------------------------------------------------
Motor max                                 : 60 A
Motor min (regen)                         : -50 A
Batt max                                  : 50 A
Batt min (regen)                          : -25 A

Oh ok, I’ll let you know in about a week when I’ll be back home, I didn’t do FOC detection so I don’t have it in the XML file I exported from bldc tool

I have another rspec 6372 motor with me and a vesc but only a 12V 1.2A power supply that I brought with me to continue developing the logger app, I can do a FOC detection on that but I don’t know if it will output a different result…

But I didn’t say there’s uneven acceleration. I think ur looking for a false danger. From 0-2mph I can get “cogging”. This is common with an extremely slow moving brushless motor. It’s not dangerous.

I would like to know what the limits could be though

Cogging is the term people use to describe what is happening when the motor is going very slowly and it doesn’t know it’s exact position. This is why if you’re not using sensors u need to give it a push. This is common. Cogging also is the meaning u gave. This isn’t a dangerous thing

Data logging has just been figured and available. I linked u to it in this thread above. Solartutle

There’s cogging. It cogs to maybe up to 2.5mph. No cogging beyond. His program is really smooth, smoother than other escs, but it still will cog a bit at that speed.