What degree trucks do you use?

This is why I’ve switched to pneumatics. I have a smooth ride and I can run over pretty much anything on the road.

How fast can you go with pneumatics

With a 5.5:1 gear reduction, I get around at about 20-22mph, but thats on 6s (a 10s battery is in the works).

1 Like

20-22 mph sounds good, especially with 6s! Your gonna see more speed and quicker acceleration with 10s

I’m going to try a Randal 42 baseplate with my calibers hangers I read it works with little modification

I’ve never ridden a board with pneumatics I imagine it has a lot of drag like when you let go of the throttle

Yes!

I have a similar setup to @Namasaki (dual carvons).

I have a Randal 42 baseplate laying around. I was going to try on the rear and keeping the regular funbox baseplate in the front. Was going to see if that was enough to make things a bit more stable for higher speeds but still responsive enough at lower speeds.

@Namasaki have you tried a mixed setup with just the 44 in the back?

@TheWrongHombre I think you should give it a try. Idk if the parts are interchangeable for those two trucks, but I did try 50/44 combo and definitely felt improvement. It feels more responsive like I can use the trucks full range of motion. Where I felt the most improvement is in high speed corners you feel locked in and gets rid of the feeling that you’re going to get flung off

Well, do I have good news for you! The funbox hanger that comes with the Carvon hubs fits perfectly on the Caliber II base plates with no modification needed. So you can easily set up your Carvons at 44 deg. I did try 44 back and 50 front and it was better than 50/50. Then I tried 44/44 and that’s even better. You could even add a small wedge and make it 40deg. I think if you go lower angle, you can run softer bushing and maintain stability. But I’m not sure because I haven’t tested that theory yet. I’m I’m not sure that the difference would be much. Going from 50/50 to 44/44 didn’t make a huge difference and I still have to run hard tight bushings.

I got some 50 deg caliber trucks, So do you think by just adding a wedge on the rear truck and decrease the angle would do the job, rather then buy a 44 degrees baseplate? Thanks in advance

I suppose it will work if you can get a wedge with small enough transition. Getting a 44deg base is the optimum. There are sellers the sell just one truck. I wound up putting 44deg on the front as well.

Sorry I just saw the conversation above, I didn’t realize the answer was up there hha… I ll probably experimenting with some wedges first, inorder to find the right set up, then I ll probably buy the 44

Higher degree gives more turning Lower degree gives more stability

2 Likes

@zool774 I have a khiro wedge kit it works well but it’s pricey. It was worth it to me because I feel so much more comfortable riding my board. I didnt notice much difference in straights but in turns it’s worlds of difference. A kit is also good because you can experiment with lower angle in the rear than the front since the front does most of the steering. Keep in mind you want double barrels at least for 44° trucks. If you want max lean look into riptide bushings.

2 Likes

I just learned something new, thanks.

Sounds good Thanks for the heads up!!!

what duro would you recommend for the double riptide barrels?

I really like riptide 93a wfb for 44/38 angle trucks and I’m 200 pounds. I run 95a bushings in rear currently but plan to buy another set of 93a to try. I haven’t tried aps formula yet and have a set on order. Riptides chart is pretty accurate for which bushing u should get. For comparison in my 50 calibers I used venom 89 barrel and 85 cone before I found out about riptide.

I was looking at their website, they really got a large variety of different types and different duros, I was almost overwhelmed by it haha. I think I’ll go with barrels on top, 93awbs, and the chubby 88at the bottom,dront and back. Hey is the 10001 on your nick refering to a zipcode?

I would recommend trying 93wfb barrels just in the front to see if you like them and go from there. I tried the 88 barrel and it was way too loose and I like it loose. The type of washer makes a big difference as well if its flat or cupped. I currently run precision flat washer all around. Flat washer feel more leany and don’t have that rebound at the end of the turn. Wfb and flat washer be careful with wheel bite.