What deck is best for building your own electric skateboard?

And what if i buy this longboard and put the drive kit from enrtion on it, is it big enough? http://www.oxelo.co.uk/bamboo-bauhaus-longboard-id_8330718

Everything will fit fine, but the deck is flexy. So you will have to split your battery pack and esc into two enclosures like Boosted or use a smaller pack that fits on or side.

1 Like

7 Likes

It will be a big battery, like space cell pro 4 one. I’ll put vesc at the back with the moter and put the battery pack at the front, and maybe i can lower de battery so the board can felx without the battery flexing

The Space Cell 4 battery takes up 3/4 of the length of the enclosure. So the last 1/3 of the battery will sit at the center of your deck where it flexes the most. even if you hang it with a 1/2" of foam, it won’t be enough.

if you don’t want to split your enclosure, you can split up your battery pack into a few groups of cells connected by wires instead of strips.

1 Like

@cesargrimmelprez

If you have your heart set on that deck you could put fiberglass on it to stiffen it up.

1 Like

And what if i do a 10s 3p battery? Cause i cant find any other good decks that are under 100€

And what do you think of this one? 9 layers… Would it flex to much or not?

http://www.tactics.com/globe/prowler-vintage-black-38-longboard-deck/vintage-black-thistle

@Cmatson - that is a S E X Y deck! love the wood grain and cutouts! Plus a kicktail - super functional!!!

1 Like

Could you send a link?

It’s advertised as a stiff deck, so it should work well on an Esk8, but will not fit the SPACE CELL enclosure. Here’s a pic of how it will fit. You can still use a Space Cell 3, but you will need a smaller enclosure.

Try looking for a board with more of a symmetrical shape like the Funbox dist Suzie Slide through.

2 Likes

I dont think so, cause wheelbase is 72 cm and space cell is 56 cm so that gives still 16 cm of clearance, but it wont be tha deck tho

Buttt i fell in love with the arbor, its just stunning, im going to get that one

What are those wheels 90mm? No wheelbite on you switchblade?

I changed my deck to Rayne Reaper so can’t tell you whether Switchblade worked.

Man you had already mounted it and didn’t test? :confused:

Switchblade works fine with that setup. I mounted my 90’s and Carvon hubs drop thru on a switchblade and it worked fine. Just had to carve out a wheel well so the hub motor case doesn’t hit. No wheel bite on the 90’s, but it was close. I changed to a Suzie slide through because my enclosure didn’t have as much clearance as I wanted and I still wanted a drop thru.

1 Like

Nice to hear, cause atm i have some 80mm kegels and it looks already really close. But id like to go bigger!

The trucks you have may make a slight difference since it’s close when I carve really hard, but nothing a few minutes with a file can’t solve. I was using the Funbox trucks my car on came with. I calipers look like the hangers are a little farther back and may hit a little.