Wanted: Longer Caliber Trucks

I got the clamps about three weeks ago after requesting directly to Dexter that I want compatible clamps for the upcoming 218mm and was given it.

See in photo the ridge on The bottom that is supposed to be flat on standard Calibers?

If that was not there, then the clamp most likely would have fitted. I will just need to file a bit off on the flat part of the clamp so it can go over that little ridge you see in pic.

New clamps… should be here next week hopefully :slight_smile:

Will they fit or do they have the same issue as above?

I have been working on my DIY clamp and motor mount design. Still waiting on the trucks to get the exact profile of the clamp area. In the pic above it looks like draft angle for the mold, like a 1 deg angle from each side meeting in the middle. Which is perfectly normal it just we are used to caliber which are flat. I guess they grind them down after or have a different mold design.

Also my CAD shows 7mm gap between 70mm long motors and 15mm belts. Based on a 218mm hanger.

1 Like

very cool.

consider making the clamp a 2 piece, kind of like enertion’s. i’ve experienced and also heard from numerous people that the crimp-style one piece clamps tend to come loose regularly and also has fitment issues since the hanger dimensions can vary just a little between trucks.

1 Like

got a chance to play around with these trucks just now, and i must say, they’re pretty damn wide.

comparing psychotiller’s rkp trucks (bottom), normal caliber ii (middle), and torqueboard’s 218mm (top):

axle’s are wide too, will need spacers:

trucks will easily fit dual 6374s, i’m gonna trade in my dual 6355 for 6374s…:

1 Like

I like the long axels, gives more options for different setups.

Do you think using a pulley like enertion’s or evolve’s with the bearing would suit these and solve the spacer issue? Or is the axle still too long?

Looks good! Is there a way to get rid of that horrible logo though?

Not sure don’t have those on hand. @torqueboards may have an answer.

It’s pressed in the metal so no. I think it’s alright looking…

Can you flip the hanger? Is the logo on both sides?

Suppose you could, it’s not exactly symmetrical but flipping it wouldn’t cause any problems. Good idea.

After seeing how simple it would have been to just file down the Truck, I kind of wish I didn’t order clamps that have now pushed my order back by at least two weeks.

I am jealous of all you people who already got their trucks :confused:

Im not gonna rub it in but they are pretty freggin sweet.

I decided on a way beefier 12s4p dual 6374 after getting these trucks.

Two weeks will go by in a flash, don’t stress.

1 Like

Anyone got these trucks and some mountain board wheels to try see if enough room.

1 Like

I’m surprised, the RKP are supposed to be 273mm and the Torqueboard 318mm, but on the photo the difference seems much bigger.

They have landed! :christmas_tree::gift:

1 Like

After several 3D prints I have figured out the cross section of the clamp area for any one else making their own clamps.

• Just note the distance from the top of the curve to the bottom flat varies maybe + - 1mm from truck to truck. And a little from the axel area to the clamp area. Being a little larger at the axel end. The left and right flat sides seem consistent. This is just based on the two pieces I have on hand, yours might vary more, I cant say. All dimensions in mm. Ohh and I made it a tight fit by design, you might want a little more wiggle room.

6 Likes

The spacers are pretty easy - use speed rings if you want, or you can cut some 13-15mm spacers.

Easily fits 97mm wheels, dual 6374’s and 15mm belts.

Or you can get the 107mm Abec 11 Electric Flywheels w/ 12mm belts. Just swap longer bolts and gtg!

Yes. I flipped all of mine and no logo on the backside.

1 Like