Want to run dual sk3 6374's on torqueboards 218mm trucks,try these!

I too was wondering this

I sell them on this forum. 1 set is $50 includes 1 clamp to fit caliber, TB218mm, ronin, paris, or surfrodz indeesz hex truck, 1 motor mount for wheel size up to 107mm running either 63xxx or 50xx motor, dual idlers (4 bearings) and all stainless hardware. You can also find them here:

3 Likes

Here is my link:

1 Like

@marcmt88 iv changed the title of the thread as your mounts are very useful to people wanting to run a dual ā€œSK3ā€ 6374 setup on torqueboards 218mm trucks

Iā€™ll drop mine in for reference, dual 6374 ,TB 218mm The outer edge of the motor arm is 1" from the start of the hangar

3 Likes

Dual TB 6374 running 12mm belt on the TB 218mm trucks, Easy fit.

8 Likes

Looks good,I have some standard lengh 6374ā€™s on the way too,but if anyone wants to run dual SK3ā€™S you will need @marcmt88 mounts!!

nice, what deck is this?

3 Likes

Two pounds? ā€¦just two (2) pounds? Thatā€™s less than 1 kilogram! Whats the big deal? If you start to consider that I weight 73 kilograms and you perhaps 10 kilograms (- +) than that, whats the big issue here? motor weight? what motor weight? People should be more concerned about their OWN WEIGHT which is relevant to the boardā€™s performance than anything else.

Lets say that you build the eboard without even consider your weight into account. Are you going tho sweat for a lousy extra motor kilogram because is just ā€œthereā€, than your own weight which was ā€œthereā€ much earlier than your boards conception (??)

1 Like

Firstly, no one compares board performance based on rider weight. People determine board performance BASED on their weight as it is completely relative to that one rider. Rider weight is a control variable when gauging performance of a board. Rider weight is not something most people can change with a turn of a knobā€¦ The newly released 911 T is only 20 some odd pounds lighter than the base 911. Do they advertise the 911 T as being more performant than the base 911 for skinny people and less performant than the base 911 for heavier people? no.

Secondly, 2 pounds, is on average 10% of a boardā€™s total weight. That is not an insignificant amount.

Thirdly, the point with my original post was that its all about compromises. Heavy and more power isnā€™t practical for everyone. On the flip side, light and weak also isnā€™t practical for everyone. Depending on your specific use case, youā€™ll slot somewhere in between. It doesnā€™t matter where your use case might fit, so long as you recognize your need and build to it. In my case, 6355ā€™s with a 12s4p pack was plenty to get me the torque needed around my parts of town. Weighing in at 23 pounds, I have absolutely no desire to make it any heavier than needed. I commute on my board, I also work in an old ass building on the 11th floor. Sometimes the elevators donā€™t come. Sometimes I take the stairs. If I can avoid carrying an extra 2 pounds over the course of however many hours I end up carrying the board, I will.

2 Likes

Did anybody try to mount two 6374 or bigger in diagonal on a single truck ? If yes Iā€™d please like to learn why it wouldnā€™t work (given that people either mount under tail or under deck the motors) cause I fail to see any issue.

Even a parallel dual mount with different lengths to squeeze tightly the 6374 should work on trucks like 180mm Paris?

@Vanarian what do you mean? this isnā€™t possible! Diagonal is one each side on ā€œdifferent trucksā€ itā€™s possible to mount 2x 6374ā€™s on one smaller truck with one mount being way longer than the other,I think iv seen it done but being so long itā€™s got to be weaker,plus it just looks ugly! Edit: I think you mean one underneath and one like an evolve?? Now that would be ugly!

Yes I mean that, one underneath on left and one evolve style on right, both mounted on the same truck. Thatā€™s a Diagonal too, why not call it this way?

I think properly done it can be pretty cool looking. With even bigger / longer motors it would prove to be almost symmetrical looking. Or a cage like mount to protect them and make up for lack of symmetry. Just throwing ideas.

BTW does anybody knows where to get 63100+ish motors?

1 Like

usually called crisscross mount.

if u have outside mountable mounts, totally possible given thereā€™s clearance.

I remember seeing it here sometime ago, donā€™t wanna go searching tho, my lunch just arrived.

3 Likes

The only problems I have with the evolve style is its not stealth and I like to pick my board up and stand it on one end while talking to people and showcase my board!

Haha :joy: You got to be stealthy right up untill you flip it over and showcase it.

Flip it over, andā€¦

ā€œOMG itā€™s got moturz, like how fast does it go!ā€

2 Likes

Stealth past the police like ali g!

And then when people ask itā€™s just easier to show them!! There jaw normally hits the floor when you ride by uphill at speed!

2 Likes

@thisguyhere am I right in thinking your running dual 6374ā€™s with 15mm pulleys and belts? Just got my torqueboards trucks today but the pulleys donā€™t fit like my old ones,the flange stops it from going in the wheel further,Iā€™m guessing you have torqueboards pulley system too?

correct, but not using TB pulleys though, never have.

pulleys in the photo below is from @Titoxd10001, he might have more info on them.

canā€™t really picture what you mean when you say they donā€™t fit. even if the wheel pulleys doesnā€™t sit flat against the wheel, the wide ass hanger length on the 218mm trucks should still have space to fit, iā€™m guessing.

1 Like

Thereā€™s not enough room for the pulley/wheel and get the nut on,the flange is far too big! The enertion pulleys I have sit slightly inside the wheel curve creating more spaceā€¦here a pictures worth a thousand words.

Looks like Iā€™ll just have to trim the pulley down,they were free anyway with some wheels I bought in bulk. Yeah looking at your photo yours do sit just inside that groove thanks for the photo @thisguyhere You can see in this pic the slight wheel indentation! The bigger flange pulley doesnā€™t fit snug!