Want to run dual sk3 6374's on torqueboards 218mm trucks,try these!

yea my dual 6374, 12s4p with 107mm superflys is approaching 30lb. awesome performance but a pain in the ass to lug around.

1 Like

In case you want more options and donā€™t mind waiting, thereā€™s an EU group buy on the DIY 218mm ones.

NVM its closed, sorry.

Iā€™m super interested in doing this since I have almost everything for the same setup you have. Would you mind sharing how you managed to squeeze them in?

And why arenā€™t you using your idlers in that photo?

It looks like thereā€™s ample room for sk3 6374ā€™s just want to make sure you didnā€™t have to modify anything? As this threads got a little confusingšŸ¤” I was under the assumption they fit sk3 6374ā€™s no probs!!..you are running 15mm pulleys and belts?

Hi, Reason you did not see the idlers because I am still waiting for my belts to come in. What I have in the picture is version 1 of my motor mount (no idlers). Version 2 has a dual idlers. Note: my setup is a TB218mm truck running a dual Turnigy 6374 motors, all 180mm trucks including Caliber, Ronin, Paris,ā€¦ will not fit a dual 6374s.

4 Likes

Picture shows 12mm belt. I am waiting for 15mm belts to come in which are the sizes Iā€™ll be using for my final build.

4 Likes

Is that a standard bearing spacer and speed washer on each side?

Yes, they are.

Iā€™ve read that dual SK3 6374s wonā€™t fit. Clearly youā€™ve proven otherwise, which is fantastic news to me since I can keep my motors :smile:

Iā€™m assuming youā€™ve not made any modifications and just slapped your parts in yes?

I have these trucks on the way but what made the thread a little confusing was the comment that apparently sk3 6374ā€™s wouldnā€™t fit! Diy.com website says it will fit 2x 6374ā€™s 190kv side by sideā€¦so what your saying is confirming what I thought,you CAN run dual sk3ā€™s with 15mm belt/pulley setup,donā€™t get why people are asking you how you done it??

Though @torqueboards mentioned SK3s wouldnā€™t fit (or he was unsure, I canā€™t recall).

All you need is a TB218mm truck or compatible length to run a dual 6374s. No modifications are required as you can see in the picture.

1 Like

TB 6374 motors have a length of 74mm which is why they make TB218mm truck for their motors in a dual setup. Turnigy 6374 motors have a length of 86.3mnmn which I did not realize until I bought it. I thought all 6374s have the same length, absolutely not the case! With that in mind I engineered my motor mounts so I can accommodate my dual setup with up to ~90mm in motor width.

1 Like

So you have modified mounts! So with enertion motor mounts they would not fit? Just need to clarify before I purchase motors!

Canā€™t speak of enertion mounts because I donā€™t have one in my possession. I always wanted to engineer my own to the way I want.

Fair enough! I think Iā€™ll just go with a different brand of motor to be on the safe side,I donā€™t get why hobbyking made the motor dimensions bigger as the 6374 as you rightly pointed out is for measurements! Anyway thanks @marcmt88

Sry for jumping in like this. But does caliber 2 10" fit dual 6364 motors?

No they wonā€™t fit,the most you can run on those trucks is 6355ā€™s dual.

1 Like

I sent my motor mounts throughout EU under ā€œgiftā€, no custom charges.

1 Like

Do you have a link to a thread where you sell them? @marcmt88

2 Likes