Video: Raptor 2 Tour Long Beach

Our motors are rated to around 160 degrees before issues will occur, so they can get very hot without much risk of irreversible damage…

I do admit that having the motors exposed outside the urethane definately helps with cooling but also increases the risk of damage due to ground clearance… Tough call… I think most people will accept the slower cooling motor if it means it is at less risk of impact damage.

If we match the wheel diameter (97mm?) used on carvon our urethane depth increases by a whopping 35% - so does our speed.

We are in the process of developing various urethane options. 97mm fits on the R2 with no issues so we might do that eventually, however we will release the 100mm crossover wheels First, they have 100% urethane thickness increase for folks who want more lush.

3 Likes

I think the heatsink on the trucks is brilliant as well. I couldn’t tell how far those cuts in the trucks went and whether there is a potential for failure in the truck, but it’s a great idea in overcoming the heat issue. Heat probably won’t be a problem for most normal riding, but if pushed (either hill climbing or top speed runs), that is when I would worry a bit. But hey, that’s what warranties are for, right? :slight_smile:

@BigBoyToys

Is that your brother taking a giant push start before anyone else has started moving? & he still couldnt beat R2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

He knows how to cut the light better than he knows how to ride a skateboard it seems hahaha.

2 Likes

I’m curious how Moja is traveling around the world with that battery. I guess I’ll ask him this Sunday.

I asked but Ill let you ask him yourself ;).

1 Like

It’s going to take a lot to dethrone the raptor 2, also we got 30% more current that is not being used due to governing.

1 Like

i guess the answer is on the sticker thats already put on the raptors that are currently being delivered. And the sticker says 100wh and battery goes as hand luggage.

tricky haha

Firstly, please remember the R2 everyone is riding is a production board with limits applied for safety.

The best thing about the enginnering team at Enertion is that we are all expert esk8 builders. We can literally build any thing we want… We make every single part in the raptor 2 from scratch to our own specifications. If an official race was sectioned we could engineer the vehicle for maximum performance in a set course… So we will probably have a few different versions of raptor 2 ready for the race season depending on the track characteristics.

We ain’t even running 12S yet…

3 Likes

4wd. 10s-8p. 4.2kw. should suffice… No enginnering required. Just two Raptors joined together and a bigger fuse.

1 Like

Well it seems like the start of these organized races are happening in So Cal. If only you had a Raptor 2 rider in that area that could put one of your race tunes on his board cough cough. OVER HERE cough cough

3 Likes

So who is open for a performance day in August where we can measure a few boards in optimal conditions (full battery, etc). I’d like to do:

50m race (test of acceleration) 100m race (test of top speed) Figure 8 time attack- 50m cones (test of acceleration and turning)

Let’s start settling the arguments about best production board and best custom board. I will also track record times so that people in other parts of the country can challenge.

3 Likes

I’m assuming that for the Raptor to be in the production board category, it would need to have the production tune on it. However it could also compete in the custom category with a custom tune. Does that seem right?

Id love to join this, @MoeStooge is too Im sure and so is my early kickstart brother haha.

@BigBoyToys Someone was asking about your brother’s board in the Youtube comments. I gave them some of the specs that you shared in another thread.

1 Like

My brother has a spot near the Torrance airport that locals have been using for gokart, minibike and goped racing for years. We’ll be left alone as long as we dont cause a ruckus. That’s middle ground between the Valley and OC. How about next Sunday 11am? Im out of town for work this weekend.

1 Like

The 13th? That would work for me. Torrance is a decent compromise. How is the surface there?

1 Like

Its asphault and in decent condition as far as I remember.

Ok. I just created the event thread. Should be fun!

2 Likes