VESC6 Cost and Who is It made for?

Ahhh yes oddly it’s compact in some ways but can feel tight if you had your setup for a previous vesc such as Ollin. I can’t tell if it’s a high markup because of parts or not though…

It does have direct fets, so that probably contributes a bit to cost.

What your setup ? If I remember you’re using Enertion space cell enclosure ? If so they really fit like a charm. (Even with a gigantic BMS :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

True I feel like it may be more software and bejamin pay though which would be fine since he did devote quite a bit of time to it

Oh yea I don’t think it’ll fit now given the layout of my enclosure. It’s even more cramped than this picture now since I’m now running triple 63v caps and a BMS in between them.

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/7/e/7edfe1aa4a36c03f050b5af209779da3022fd546.jpg

2 Likes

That what I call a crowded enclosure :sweat_smile:, and that benchwheel receiver is so big :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: wow !!!

Maybe on your next build :wink:

Hey Trampa, what is the status of the vesc and Benjamin ?

Is the beta going somewhere ?

Any news ?

They will happily sell many VESC6 and never release any source code. On their Shop Page for VESC6 there is no mention of a Beta. You can just simply buy… :slight_smile:

Benjamin wants to release everything after his well earned holidays. It makes sense, since there will be a lot of feedback, which he can’t answer during holidays. Mid of August is realistic. The reference HW design will be the next to be released after the software. So no worries, we are not far away from the releases.

Frank

Last thing I heard was a decrease of the VESC6 price from the starting US$ 340, were those just rumours?

Hmmm… i actually don’t want learn smd soldering, but maybe have to:/

No matter whether you buy 1 or 10 There are still 3% for paypal fee by Trampa V4.12 was an open cource project. Everyone had the opportunity through the Bom list The prices for the components to find out As a result, the market for Vesc was transparent Components and BCB were priced by 1 pieces at $ 80 Added to this were the production costs The price has been reduced by high production numbers The most expensive on the V4.12 were the DRV, SMT32 and the shunt DRV and SMT32 are still there were other components But on the whole we are talking about a maximum of 10-15% higher Price for the components. But the production costs are cheaper, since the V4.12 Consists of two parts and the whole new controller Only one component. In the V4.12, more work steps are necessary You can look at times the front and the back of the PCB And you get it by yourself

FOCBox round about 180.-€ with al cost to Europe without Guarantee 1 piece

Vesc6 actually 345.-€ + shipping to EU 14-23.-€ + 3% Paypal fee (11.-€) round about 375.-€

ESK8 1.1 Controller 199.-€ + 7,50.-€DE and 10.50.- shipping world wide

1 Like

Do you price in R&D (e.g. through substantial project support), moulding costs, CNC housing, second PCB, X-Ray testing, warranty etc? Most vendors forget about R&D, which is most of the cost involved.

All the work is in the software R&D and no one could sell a single VESC-based hardware without Benjamin banging hard on the stuff. So everyone crying about cost should consider the fact that most of the cost involved (R&D) was swallowed by Benjamin in the past. Time=Money Hope that will change soon…

Frank

That’s an intangible, you can make it any value/price you want and no one can disprove it but neither can you prove it.

What @esk8 is saying is that cost of the V4.12 VESC was transparent because it was “actually” open source since the BoM and firmware/software was available to everyone to verify the cost and look for ways and means to change things to make it better.

So far, that is not he case with VESC6.

1 Like

It is nice that trampa mentioned the warranty We also give guarantee and that at 199.- € We are producing our Vesc in Germany And remain true to our quality I have now seen the Vesc tool and must say This is great job from BV for a nerd to play with his Vesc6 But for one who does not want play with the Vesc Tool just only ride not really true. It´s it for the first moment a little bit complicated Some are already overstrained to get a Car Esc to run.

1 Like

Nice to see one of the first Gen FocBox… the one that where hand made buy the Wizard himself :wink:

So who at the moment is manufacturing VESC 6 besides trampa?

2 Likes

Someone else needs to manufacture it. Its almost $350 for me to order 1 Vesc6 to the USA. Thats Is an insane amount of money for 1 esc. :cry:

3 Likes

It is also an insane esc. Most people won’t need a v6 and will be fine with a 4.12.

You get what you pay for! Capitalism.

agreed. Kind of retarded really.

1 Like