Vesc x keeps cutting out during acceleration please help ive tried everything

Good stuff man!

What was the root cause?

(I go to the mechanic’s for a blown head gasket haha)

 Vesc x keeps cutting out during acceleration please help ive tried everything PROBLEM SOLVED you guys were right my settings have overstressed my cells and I just had to set my voltage cutoffs really low to accommodate, good learning experience im in the market for a new pack soon I guess

1 Like

Not trying to be a douchebag! Don’t take it the wrong way. It’s just that your life is at stake here. A short like the one you described could easily cause your batteries to explode and catch fire. I’ve seen these batteries blow and burn, it’s not a pretty sight and it also isn’t something you can kill with a regular fire extinguisher. Having that happen under your feet could be deadly…

I am curious. Whats your motor kv and how many teeth does your motor and wheel pulley have.

Also, your voltage cutoff should never go below 25V, that is the limit for your batteries. The reason I suggested 26V is because your cells could also be out of balance which means one of the 10 packs could dip under 2.5V.

I still recommend that you check the individual voltages and make sure that they are still in balance. If not, leave it plugged in overnight and see if they get balanced. If that doesn’t work you’ll have to buy an rc charger and balance them manually.

1 Like

I Think im just gunna call this pack doomed and done for maybye ill dissect it later on and get rid of the stupid usb chargeports and all the hot glue and ductape crap and make a spare pack out if it . btw I am running 6355 tb motors 190 kv and 36/18 gearing (I like to go as fast as possible I always have 40 is borderline fast enough anymore I would be content with 45 on flat I think . lol

And what is your wheelsize? But in your case with that high gearing I would recommend lipo batterys. They can stand the higher current. When you go 40 mph on flat you need more than 3000 watts to keep that speed. There you are already above 80A. And with your settings you can draw more. When you have a new battery then it would be awesome if you can connect my app via Bluetooth module and make a video with the app at top speed. I think everybody would like to see that.

I Know I am a engineering tech for TESLA on the R&D side I am Aware of what can happen Your not a douchbag

so your saying I should get pouch batterys instead if an 18650 pack?

wheelsize is 90 mm

I like the range with the pack I had range would be significantly compromised with lipo packs correct? and where do I get your app?

The app and firmware is available here.

And with lips the range could be a bit less. Depends on what batterys you buy and how much space you have. But there is shitloads of info here on the forum.

Lipo vs Li Ion 18650’s - the lipos will handle higher discharge w/ less sag. When you are pushing high speeds like this it’s constant high draw/amps. Which the li ion 18650’s don’t handle as well, unless you get a setup like @Chaka with 8p!

When you look at some of the high C Lipos - 45-60c with burst for a few seconds much higher - on a 5000mAh that equals (theoretical and a grain of salt for their marketing claims) = 225-325A as an example. Realizing you are going to draw much much less than this constantly (even at your high speeds) - they will sag a lot less than a 18650 pack of reasonable size.

That help?

what would you recommend for batterys my board has plenty of room its 41" wheelbase is 30-1/2 I Like my gearing I just want a little bit more power im almost content and happy with my setup buit if it is possible to go a little faster and have a little more power I want ti

will the vesc x handle 225 amps?\

if you can go 12s it will give you more speed (higher voltage) and lower amps in general. You’ll need to be mindful of 60k ERPM limits so your motor kv will be a challenge. not sure if the VESC X has fixed this? And if you are stuck with 18650 - you’ll need to add more batteries in parallel.

who sells a good 12s packs dexters out

Check @oriol360, he has 12s packs.

1 Like

@barajabali And my Self could build you a 12s Pack.

1 Like

FYI - My Maytech controller has an upper slide limit of pulselength Start of 1.0010 ms and a End of 1.9990 ms, Center PuseLength is 1.4995. While changing out to the FATBOY SS and new Alien Motors 6384S I accidentally didn’t write the configuration for the APP settings and took the defaults on the PPM Setting screen of 1.000ms, 2.000ms and 1.5000ms respectively. This cause CUT OUT UNDER FULL power (I guess because the 2.000 was beyond what the maytech could report. No FAULT codes were reported. Once I fixed this setting the CUT OUT Stopped completely. FYI the dropdown was set to Off (no current setting)

I hope this helps with those who experience intermittent CUT OUT of VESC Power at full throttle. Also note that on the low speed setting I never had any issues.

TRAMPA BOARD - 136KV Trampaboards 6368 Motors - 8 sets of 10s2P 18650 cells from AliExpress. I get 40 plus miles running at an average of 22mph. Top speed on FATBOY SS with this setup is 27MPH.