Vesc repair component

I can’t imagine they are purposely doing this . Obviously since I had no prior experience I didn’t know any better.

I should have definitely inspected it before using.

Let’s see what they say I wouldn’t be surprised if they did t know the parts were missing too.

yes the are doing on purpose, for a cost reduction, the big capacitor are around a 2 to 3 dollar each and the other one around 1 dollars… So it is cost reduction, and they really don’t care about your safety.

Yea I hope they replace for your sake but they may not but seeing as the product was supplied with missing components then I think you have some rights defiantly. How did you pay ? PayPal ?

So they reduce production cost to stay competitive in the market and when it fails and they get a charge back and a bad rep online what happens .

Sometimes it makes me laugh on some of these strategies to do business overseas.

Hello all, PCBA quality is critical because it’s a heart of products. We as a manufacturer we know every little detail matter when we produce products from components, tools, solder quality, temperature and environment cleanness. All those combine together, you can see the difference from the photos below.

In addition, we were aware of the positive leads insulation may get cut through the little studs. Therefore, we cut the studs and put silicon glue over the studs. We want to make sure our users have a safe, fast and fun ride.

6 Likes

nice to see these insights frome a vendor!

If the warranty / return thing fails… and you dont get a resolution… I think there was someone who was willing to get broken vesc… Just not sure who was this person and in which thread it was mentioned…

Though, it would be better if it was not shorted… but maybe a few componenets that went bad… if the chip is burnt then that’s probably too much work already to repair it

1 Like

Its all sent back for their review and repair. They said production has improved and the latest ones are much better. I got the first batch apparently. Tis the season !

1 Like

Any updates?

Yes 2 new replacements were shipped out through regular post so hopefully they will arrive early next year. I will post pics

well no i returned a defective one and a good one and im getting two new ones

Got the new ones two days ago, seems like they fixed the production issue of the missing components and im back on the road!

I report back if there are any issues and thanks for everyone expertise and advice.

1 Like

Do a check on the soldering and any small connections, look for neatness.

1 Like

How did this turn out in the end? Did they keep working?