VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

the only thing that works is clicking the anchor to engage the brake, and the stop button then disengages it.

Under App settings -PPM. “Control Type” did you set it to "Current no reverse with brake " And Write to the vesc ?

yes I did, heres a picture of ppm tab, have tried other control types and wrote configuration and they didn’t work either

What about App settings -> General -> “App to use” ? Does it say PPM or PPM and UART ?

on ppm, I also tried it on “ppm and UART” with no luck. no faults or anything in terminal, were working prior to the update. Using Gtb2 controller and have the ppm input set

@Silverline

Put this parameter at 0.1 and it should do the trick … also thanks @Ackmaniac

@onepunchboard no I wasn’t able to properly run a motor detection… so I won’t be using this software inside a board until further testing

2 Likes

Still nothing. thanks for the help though guys @Silverline @Ackmaniac @JohnnyMeduseAnd in other picture you can see it is getting PPM signal as I pull the trigger

Thanks @JohnnyMeduse

Just to be sure. When im running full duty cycle, and let go on the throttle, it has a little delay before the motor starts decrease in rpms. Same thing, when i make a full brake, and let go on the trigger to neutral, it holds the brake for a split second, before it stops braking. So do you think the changing the Positive ramping time, will affect both these “symptoms” or do i need to play with the negative ramping time as well ?

@Silverline could you just need to turn off the median filter? says it delays to reduce noise “use a median filter on the decoded pulses. Will delay the signal slightly, but rejects outliers caused by noise.”

1 Like

Why would you even want a positive/negative ramping delay? Couldn’t these just be left at 0?

Don’t know… I feel the same way…

I’m hoping this works out well for HW 4.7.

Anyone tried FOC with the torque VESC? Stupid question but does this fw make FOC safer for the vesc?

It’s probably too new to say how well this will work on 4.12 VESCs. I have heard of a lot of people blowing their toqueboards VESC with, and even without, FOC.

Lol yep, I’m itching to try FOC but don’t have the money to shell out for a new vesc if my tb one breaks.

New fmw i check th vd’s note says improved current detection what not So im guessing stability update.

Hmmm, I’ll try BLDC on it for now. Later when I get the money for a new vesc, I’ll try FOC on the torque vesc, for science!!

3 Likes

godspeed…

As soon as I’m done with my build & confident in how to set up FOC I’ll try it on my two Torqueboards VESCs @GrecoMan !

Just tried FOC on my Torqueboards VESC and 75KV hub motor, sensorless! There’s a big difference in how it handled compared to the FOC using BLDC Tool!

It feels like it has more torque. Maybe I’ve got some settings wrong, but it feels like it’s louder now than it was before though… It’s not bad, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t as loud as it is now.

It doesn’t cog half has bad when on low rpms! Though I’m going to hook up the sensors eventually, so hopefully there will be none of that.

To set the correct eRPM I took voltage * motor KV * magnet pole pairs which gave me 427514=44100 but I rounded it down to 44000. Is that too conservative and how does it effect the perfomance?

Here’s a bonus video of it running in BLDC. The cruise controll makes it stall/stutter. Not sure what that is all about.