VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

Brake strength depends on how many Amps you allow to be generated and how much your battery can eat Amp wise. Whatever energy you generate needs to be stored, since the energy can’t be evaporated into the universe. If you are at top speed and your motor generates at full voltage (e.g. 40V) and your Battery Regen is -15A, that results in 600W braking power. If you want more braking power you need to set higher Battery Regen values. Neither BLDC-Tool, nor VESC-Tool can do magic and evaporate the energy. The amount of braking power is always equivalent to the energy you shoot towards your battery. Since the motor we use are about 85-90% efficient, only a small fraction is converted into heat. VESC-Tool is more precise, so the values you specify resemble the output in real world a lot better.

Frank

This is the same reply you posted over and over again. I’m pretty sure we all understand this. But here’s the catch:

The new firmware has less braking power than the old firmware with the exact same parameters.

That is what i want an answer for.

2 Likes

Will give it a shot during the weekend. Thanks for the help.

so whats different with Vesc tool and the old BLDC tool that brakes changed?

http://vesc-project.com/node/234

Frank

4 Likes

Hi Frank, do you have a link where one can find previous versions of the vesc tool? I need the version supporting 3.29 firmware in order to tune these BMS’s configuration.

You will have to ask Benjamin on the VESC-Project forum. A direct Link is not available. Do you need the executable for Windows or Linux?

Frank

Windows. 10 characters

Send me a PM with your e-mail.

Frank

Is there a vesc tool for mac?

Thanks to @rpasichnyk there is!

https://github.com/rpasichnyk/vesc_tool/releases

1 Like

Sooo did anyone ever figure out why the breaks are so much weaker than BLDC tool on same settings?

i got no prob with break. im with acmaniac ver. and also og vesc tool. no problem. i set batt min to25

so im running the newest firmware avalable from VESC Tool but i was wondering if there are any apps that support this yet? the best that i have found is @Ackmaniac app in which some things work and some dont. are there any apps that work properly with these firmware’s right now?

What does not work on @ackmaniac FW? I’m running it and have no issues whatsoever

Im having issues updating the firmware in the new vesc tool software, after it keeps telling me that i need a programmer to do it, when i do fw update in old bldc tool, i have no issues updating. im using a maytech vesc with bootloader installed in it, i dont want to use achmaniacs software, just want to keep it simple. any suggestions would help.

1 Like

Have you tried to upload the new FW?

Frank

1 Like

Thats the issue, Im having issues updating the firmware in the new vesc tool software, after it keeps telling me that i need a programmer to do it, when i do fw update in old bldc tool, i have no issues updating. im using a maytech vesc with bootloader installed in it, i dont want to use achmaniacs software, just want to keep it simple. any suggestions would help.

Actually it should work, so something is funny with your bootloader.

Frank

What should i do, any ideas?