VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

Benjamin installs a new powerful server. The site will be online soon.

Frank

when will the reference hardware design be relleased?

To Frank and Benjamin.

vesc-project.com is down another time.

It seems that the new server didn’t solve the problem.

Hope you will find a lasting solution.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

It’s still on the old one. Online soon…

Frank

1 Like

When it is back online tonight it’s on the new server and fast fibre connection.

Frank

1 Like

I just want to confirm the procces of uploading a bootloader to a VESC without a bootloader.

Which version should I choose? 40 & 47 and so on… or the 60? Then, I should just hit the download button?

I tried to search for an answer but couldn’t find one, I don’t want to mess the VESC…

Thanks!

Trampa is only maker of ver. 60 @ the moment

@BigBoyToys, managed to use ver 3.26 for my focbox. Thanks

Something must have happened to 3.27 and onward,

@trampa how do I activate, handbrake function? fmw3xx has much better braking power, but also wants to try and decide.

1 Like

So I should choose 60 and will be just fine? We are talking on a Maytech VESC btw.

60 is vor VESC SIX HW only! You have to choose the first option, I did it with HW 4.12, easy!

1 Like

Thanks!

So I uploaded a bootloader (I hope so). To make sure, I want to update the firmware. My Maytech VESC hardware is 4.12, so in VESC Tool I should choose 410 & 411 & 412, correct?

Yes … 10 char

1 Like

Correct! Don’t FOC it it up, stay with BLDC if you can. The maytechs are reported to have FOC issues.

Frank

1 Like

Will never try… :joy: I’ll sell it one day and get a better quality VESC with FOC compatibility.

Succes.

So if I was able to update the firmware, I assume this VESC has a bootloader now. :innocent:

Yes it has a bootloader now. You can still try FOC with low KV motors and pushing not more than 40A on the motor side.

Frank

My motors are 210 KV so I guess I shouldn’t test it.

By the way, is it possible to downgrade the firmware back to 2.18?

Yes, you can upload the 2.18 FW through the custom FW tab.

Frank

How is sensorless foc? Currently using BLDC, but I have the typical cogging if I don’t move the board forward slightly upon startup.

Its pretty good, i’m on sensorless FOC. Almost zero cogging.

Just a heads up, doing it the way you showed in your screenshot did NOT upload a bootloader to my Maytech vesc. I had to click on the Bootloader tab and do it that way. I would test to make sure.