VESC PPM settings

ill try it tonight when i get home, before switching to ppm last nigh i was riding the non ppm mode i guess idk whats called, and also the throttle was already max at 1/3, i thougth the binding procces is just to sync remote with speed controller dou think that by rebinding ill actually change anything??

Rebind also sets the throttle mid value on the receiver, at least on my remote.

u have a gt2b?

Winning remote. Pretty similar receivers though. They work with each other.

aight ill try it when i get home tonight, thank you man i hope thats it what bothers me the most is the board taking out when i turn transmitter off, the throttle im kind of use to already since i been riding like that since i put it together a month ago, and ya know first build u just want to wrap it up asap and go skate

If you adjust the PWM on the remote you have to rebind to set neutral on the receiver. I had similar result when I adjusted without rebinding. Turning off remote = throttle forward.

i hope u are online tonight just in case i need help!

i’m on this forum almost 24/7

1 Like

hahahahahahaha i know theres a few like us @Michaelinvegas is one of them

I’m thinking my steez remote might be able to benefit from a ppm setting but not sure if anything more can be done. Anyone experience bad brakes wi the steez? I don’t mean weak brakes, what happens is there’s no modulation possible, as soon as I put on half brakes there’s no going back to quarter brakes I have to release the brakes and then put them back on to get to quarter brakes. I’ve already adjusted them in Ppm and it’s seeming a steez flaw

You’ve adjust the min/max PWM signal?

The gt2b has the fail safe on the receiver it’s a button. You can check in bldc tool by turning off your remote and make sure it goes to 50%. Also make sure that your remote doesn’t go below the minimum ppm or you’ll lose brakes when you need it the most I superglued a plastic to stop the trigger where it goes to 0%.

mmmmm trying to visualize what ur saying here

Yea I adjusted myself and had evoheyax do it also. He said its just how the steez works unfortunately and he has the same problem. Wondering if anything can be done or if anyone else has this prob

Adjust throttle trim on the remote till you get 50% in bldc tool. Then hold the fail safe button on the receiver. Now when you turn off the remote it should remain at 50%.

Ya of course @NNGG,

I don’t do any USTA tournaments anymore, but play year round, and enjoy my school season the most by far-

Haha the only reason I built an eboard was to get to where I play tennis after school (about 2.5 miles away) and be able to get there and back with zero effort. It sucks biking home after not being able to feel your legs… Lol.

I was in your exact same position when I was in high school, except I loved to mountain bike to school and tennis through my backyard canyon that eventually lead to my high school. I didnt build an esk8 back then because I was having so much fun with building rc airplanes :grin:

Rc cars -> eboards

This was me

Rc airplanes were always king for me. Back when Ni-cad was supreme

1 Like

I have to many rc cars that I don’t use anymore because e board took over

1 Like