Vesc power problem

No black marks or anything, no smell either

Does the space cell still turn on when not plugged in?

No, it is the bms, and possibly the fuse as well. The same thing happened when I was trying to help someone with their setup. I bet if he removed the heatshrink and bypass the bms the vesc will power on.

The space cell turns on shows a battery voltage

I stand corrected then. I guess the battery and the bms is fine, but not the vesc.

Well your all wrong everything is fine, just the fuse blew

1 Like

Fuses don’t get enough love around here :wink: Seriously though, insulate those phase wires.

1 Like

Well i still cant get a signal to my remote im gonna need help with that

are they soldered on the VESC? are any of them shorting?

Its solder on and not that i can tell

@Dmsj97 I don’t think anyone would make fun. However, it is worth noting that every one one of those soldered connections should be redone. It looks like your iron isn’t hot enough, or you’re not tinning your wires before you make the connections. Make sure to cover each one of them with heat shrink. Hopefully your VESC survived the short caused by the reversed power connector, and you only need to replace the fuse to get it up and running again. GL!

Watch some videos on soldering xt60s. That is what I did, it really helps.

I have no idea what im doing with this vesc, i thought i knew what to do but i cant even find a way to get the bldc tool. I cant get my reciver to work, i give up.

I programmed my first one this past weekend and it was fairly straight forward. The first obstacle I ran into was that I was accidentally using a micro USB cable without data pins, so you might want to check for that. There’s also this if you haven’t already seen it

when ever i try to connect my vesc to my windows computer it will connect then about 10 seconds later a little read box will appear in the bottom right corner that says no firmware read response. I have no idea what that means. please help me with this god forsaken vesc.

Where did you get the VESC from? Sounds like it’s missing firmware. Go to the firmware tab to flash it.

Well i tryed that but the whole thing is it wont stay connected

The microcontroller is probably damaged from having reverse the polarity, the fets-drv probably blown from having the motor leads touching (if you tried running the motor)

That little blue led only means the drv is outputting 5V… Doesn’t mean it’s not blown.

There’s no polarity protection on the input of the vesc… Plus you blown a 40A fuse, that current needed to flow somewhere, dead vesc

For all it’s worth, your receiver leads seem to be connected correctly, just add some heat shrink and a tack of hot glue for strain relief.

1 Like