VESC Nunchuk RF

I’m rollin in a little late to the party, but I’d like to know if there are any more PCBs available! Sounds like a pretty cool upgrade to play around with.

hey mate why have i never seem this usb mount of yours? your a ledge me and vedder have been making some design changes for the nunchuk rf remote i have done a batch with jason with imbedded nrf24lo1+ chips as the cheap nrf modules are half of the drop out issues but sadly that run didn’t work! so iv since made some design modifications and yet to test them as i don’t have the money for new pcbs to be made maybe i can send the designs to @chaka for testing (The problem was the RF antenna is so hard to get right).

But iv been working on modifying the nunchuk_mod firmware to then allow a uart connection so you can plug in a BLE module instead to work with the same receiver as my iOS/android app

watch the video till the end or scroll through and you will find!

@jacobbloy I can do a small run, let me know :wink:

If you have the gerbers with a nrf24lo1+ chipintergrated i’ll gladly test it out

I already have this for the receiver end

Yea cool! At one point I was using https://www.sparkfun.com/products/705 With a 5dbi antenna on both RX and TX I could go a good 300meters away!

If you don’t mind soldering 3 wires on to your pcb I can also send you the code for the Uart connection Then u can use the HC-05 modules that you have or the HM-10 modules when you get them

3 little barnacles never hurt anyone, pretty sure I can pull that off

Edit: sorry I think I misunderstood, on which pcb? nunchuckRF V5,1?

Sorry 4

1 Like

Ah gotcha, I have two blanks left. I’ll build a new one

On this board I moved the VCC and GRD as they short in that location, you do not actually have to remove the nrf module.

is that an earlier version of the nunchuck RF, V5.0?? The brown wire is in the way.

this is what I have

1 Like

The first one is the same as your version, the second image is the pcb with inbeeded nrf chip.

Dear Community,

I am recently finishing my eboard and got aware of the nunchuck control unit. Is someone of you still selling some Nunchuck PCBs for a shipment to Germany? A price information would also be handy.

I would be glad to get my hands on 1 or 2.

yours Sk8on

Hello everyone, is there a way to have one of these pcb? I’m trying to make the code to work with a stm32f103 board of mine (which is basically the same chip than the stm32f100 with more features), I plugged a nrf24l01, some buttons, … compiled the code for my chip model, flashed it, and it seems to work. I can see spi signal on every lines (including miso), but I can’t make it to talk with the VESC, despite I can also see that there is som data on spi lines, the leds are not indicating anything… I’m using hardcoded address : 05. The deep low power feature make it very difficult to debug, could you tell me where to disable it in chibios? the same goes for VESC, the debugger is loosing connection very soon, so I can’t see if there is some data received, Thank you very much for any help. Roman

I do have some very old code that works with the 103 chip but it’s not up to date ill see what I can do!

Hello Jacob, thank you very much. Normally à f100 code is working out if the box on a f103, I did it several time. The main difference between these two chip is the USB on the f103. I’ll try to get m’y hand on a f100 and on some pcb, do you still have some? Thanks again.

Hello there, my nrf module was not working, I changed them and now it is working nicely. I confirm that the STM32F100 code is working flawlessly on a STM32F103. I ordered some pcb at seeedstudio, I’ll give some if someone is interrested.

Also had a problem with not working NRF modules. Don’t use the ones with the NRF package into this black dot of glue. (Don’t know how to describe them)

Here a picture of my nunchuk if anybody is interested.

1 Like

There is a reason why they put a drop of black glue on the chip… my guess is that is is not a nrf24L01 but a substitute without all of the functionality…

here is some other nice things to read : http://hackaday.com/2015/02/23/nordic-nrf24l01-real-vs-fake/

It looks like they are using SE8R01 instead of NRF24L01. Same pinout on the module, but a little different protocol. This should be the problem why they are not working.

Is the reverse function with the z-button working by someone? I am on V2.18 right now and when enabling “Current with reverse” in the nunchuk tab that is not changing anything. Pushing the z-Button has no effect. Now I want to know if that is normal or something with my hardware/software is wrong.