VESC Monitor Android App

It does that automatically. Just click on the gallerie button in the status bar and you can see the files.

2 Likes

Ok will try, thanks!

Hi there,

I finally have everything put together. I tried your app since it really looks neat, but it wasnā€™t able to find my bluetooth module, the list stays empty in the app. When going to bluetooth devices, my phone sees the HM10 module (listed as MT05 I believe).

I tried another app, VESC CONNECT, and it did see and connected to my VESC (but it throws a firmware not up to date error, which is bullshit since Iā€™ve updated my firmware yesterday). That app doesnā€™t really look nice though, Iā€™d prefer to use yours !

I checked the connection, everything seems to match, VCC to 5V, GND to GND, TX to RX and RX to TX. Iā€™m not sure what else I can do to debug it.

Did you set the baudrate to 9600? And sometimes a smartphone restart helps.

Yep, baudrate to 9600. Iā€™ll try to reboot my phone.

Hereā€™s the rest of the config, if any of that matters.

Looks like I was being stupid. I activated the localization and the app worked right away !

1 Like

Hi @Ackmaniac The app is great thanks,I mostly love having all the max stats which Metr doesnt do,

A few things if you are looking for feedback from my few months of use.

1. I have lots of crashes of the app on two different android phones - you might have been getting my ā€œsend feedbacksā€ htc m7 and samsung s7. Its random when it crashes but it freezes up, sometimes caused by the bluetooth disconnect when I turn the board off, (turning the board back on doesnt reconnect it, the app remains frozen), seems I have to wait for android to work out its crashed and show a wait or send feedback popup,.while troubleshooting I turn off bluetooth on the phone and try to close the app, which doesnt usually work unless I then wait, but I usually have to turn the bluetooth off to get it to reconnect by allowing the app to turn bluetooth back on itself through the popup request
  2. sometimes I connect to the module and it shows no stats, I have to go back and connect again, sometimes multiple times, before it shows stats. It sometimes displays connect in the top right but even clicking that doesnt make it connect, I have to go back to click on my red module name
  3. I have a phone velcro stuck to my board where I can see the ā€œalways onā€ screen, the speed is big and red and really easy to see but I cant really see any other stats, could there be a zoom factor introduced? and a custom ticking of which items to display?
  4. I was trying to use the record function the other day, it was connected but either straight away or after a few seconds it freezes up and shows either no stats at all or the stats that were showing when it froze.
  5. Are you planning on allowing it to work with vesc 6 firmware please?

Sorry if this seems all negative but I am really just trying to see if it helps improve the app. Thanks Regards Paul

@Ackmaniac Why dont modes work with my VESCs using your app? Im using FW 3.100 Maytech VESCs, using Ackmaniac watt mode.

You canā€™t use Watt mode with firmware 3.100 because current control works now like watt mode. Change it to current control and see if it works.

Can i switch to current control from the app?

There isnā€™t a such called watt control mode in the Ackmaniac-tool. And yes you can choose current control in the app. In 2.54 the is watt control and in 3.100 current control works the same as watt control in the previous firmware.

Hmm. So i am currently using current control. Still doesnt explain why changing modes doesnt do anything to the board

But you can see the realtime data?

Yes i can 10char

@Ackmaniac I always wondered, why is your custom VESC firmware not based on the most recent version ?

1 Like

Since I saw the duell between the raptor2, the evolve gt and the boosted board on youtube I wanted to check my time on a 50m and 100m sprint with my board to compare them. Is it possible that you include something like this into your app. I know you have the 0-30kmh time stopping funktion, but maybe you can enhance that function :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, esk8 drag-race. And then we can generate a leaderboard.

Will think about it.

1 Like

I read through this thread but couldnā€™t see if anyone got this app working with VESC 3.34 firmware. can anyone confirm this?

Iā€™ve updated my VESC in January 2018 to the latest version available at that time and the app is working fine with it.

1 Like