VESC Monitor Android App

Switch to the new mode and make a video with the app. Then it is much easier to analyse.

In the screenshot above my wh/mile is 3.4 so my estimated range on 12s7p would be 250+ miles. Here are some screenshots to better understand what I mean. Theyā€™re about the same speed just different modes.

Low watt mode.

In your last picture the WH/km are correct. I think you just played around with the ā€œNo of Motorsā€. When this is set to one then it only countā€™s the values of one VESC. So to see the total consumption it should be set to number of motors you have on your board.

I didnā€™t change the number of motors, theyā€™re both set to 2. This was just around the block so my wh/mi just gets lower and lower which you can see in the last row wh/mi both under acceleration one is 14.8 and the low watt mode is 6.5, both feel the same while riding

Unrelated from above issue. I made trip and distance traveled was jumping around one minute apart. Real numbers should be 10.3 miles traveled with about 18wh/mile

For what itā€™s worth I feel like I have been having a similar problem to this. I get the same data for trip 1, 2, 3 and total. And the more I ride the less my wh/mile seems to be getting

1 Like

I can see that the distance getā€™s more but the wh drawn and charged stay the same. Then of course the calculation getā€™s wrong. Need to have a look how this can be caused.

2 Likes

Just released a new version which fixes the issue that min and max values were not updated when the screen was switched off in between and the videos are now full screen without navigation bars when you have a phone that has no physical buttons.

1 Like

totally unnecessary idea, butā€¦

when recording video with overlay, have an option to turn on solid color, green probably, so one can key out the color and overlay onto another video in post editing.

I find hand holding my cell phone while riding somewhat dangerous, Iā€™ve completely destroyed a phone while doing so.

a lot of us have gopros and such mounted to helmets or otherwise. itā€™d be nice to be able to layer the telemetry onto another video file.

2 Likes

Btw, working on my phone at least, with Android 8.0.0, I believe the fix was in the kernel

1 Like

You can recorded screen of the app (just its regular telemetry view, not video recording mode) while riding and insert it into your go-pro ride videos.

I just released a new version where i added the altitude information. It is shown to the left of the actual distance value. But be aware that the altitude which is detected by GPS isnā€™t the most reliable. And it also takes a little while until there is good GPS signal. But just give it a try. I hope that altitude changes can then be seen in the videos. Maybe even the climb degrees can be calculated then. But need to do more test drives to see how good and quick the height detection is.

I never got the app to work with GPS, ie never got GPS speed reads. Running a SONY Xperia Z3. Anyone else having this issue and a possible solution?

In the app you have to go to settings and enable ā€œSave GPS positionā€. And on your device GPS needs to be enabled of course.

Thatā€™s been enabled, but still doesnā€™t work. GPS needs to be enabled on my phone or it wonā€™t pair with the BT moduleā€¦

Donā€™t know if you changed something in your latest 2 updates, but for the first time GPS readings work! TY

You have to test the GPS feature outside. Inside you donā€™t get a GPS signal if your roof is too thick and even outside it might take a couple of seconds before a signal is detected.

Sure. Iā€™ve been having the GPS enabled all the time though when riding (outside lol), but never got any reads until now. One can see that on previously posted uploads with app overlays. Glad it seems to be working now.

1 Like

Will this work in conjunction using the Nunchuck as the controller?

First, thanks @Ackmaniac for all the work and for this awesome app!

Did you share the source code somewhere? I canā€™t seem to find it in your git hub repository. Iā€™m trying to monitor the battery temperature and figured the easiest way would be to hook it up to the motor temperature slot. But it seems the app doesnā€™t monitor it (well, itā€™s useless for 99.9% of the builders here). I thought if I could have a look at your code, I could easily find a way to monitor the temperature on my phone while riding!

2 Likes

is there a way to save data to a log file instead of video?

1 Like