VESC Monitor Android App

Where can we find the source code?

1 Like

Since the newest update some of my values are not saving as soon as turn off the screen. Min voltage, max speed, power and temperature. Worked beforehand

1 Like

Have you had anymore crashes? Im planning a long ride this weekend and would really like to have all the stats on one log.

I believe I had one frozen screen but probably my fault because I keep forgetting to move module outside of carbon enclosure. Would be nice if it reconnected automatically as it always freezes if I walk a couple of yards away from my board. Even if app freezes at least total distance, total wh and wh/mile are saved on vesc.

2 Likes

@Ackmaniac I rode for 7hrs strait today using your app the whole way. Sadly Im still having freezing issues but I still think It’s improved from a few versions back. I had to restart the app about 5 times and force end it twice over my 7hrs and 102mile ride.

I also noticed something weird with the battery percentage. At the 55mile mark it read 50%. Then, 5 miles later it suddenly dropped to 36%, then by 65miles it was back up to 40%.

Also, I noticed a few times there was no battery percentage displayed then it would magically reappear. Is the perecent based off of the whr capacity I enter off the cell voltage?

Awesome app!

5 Likes

What build did u use … Holy shit… 7 hours of nonstop fun that battery must be big to push you that far

2 Likes

12S 36Ah 1600whr Lipo. I just took the Carvon motors off the evo deck and put them on the Trampa I won the 4wd challenge on.

3 Likes

whats with all the flag happiness?

Probably non-relevance to the thread. Not sure

Yeah, we started talking about how to mount Carvons on a Trampa deck. My apologies for the clutter @Ackmaniac.

no problem!

1 Like

My bad, back to topic!

@Ackmaniac When I go to switch from FOC to BLDC or BLDC to FOC, I accept that the board needs to restart but the mode stay the same. Am I missing a step?

Did you configure both modes? Does it switch? Can you hear the difference by the motor sound?

It was not switching based upon the sound and the display still had it as FOC. My VESC won’t connect to my computer anymore after I attempted to update firmware though another phone app to test it.

My app only allows to switch the motor mode when both (BLDC and FOC) are configured. Configured means they don’t have the default values anymore. This way i make sure that the users don’t do mistakes, or at least i try to avoid them. And you need to use my firmware to switch the motor and control mods.

Wh/ah bug when I switched modes

Don’t really see a issue. Can you explain in detail?

I made a class with very low settings. 100watts max and 18mph max. When I switch to it my wh/mile is under 4 but it should be closer to 15. Also data showed I was only pulling like 60watts and 2 amps going 18mph which is unlikely. I’m not sure if the weird numbers I was getting is specific to that class with low values