VESC LIMITED on factory settings?

New build using Torque esc (VESC 4.12) 6s and torque boards 260kv 6355 motor with the nano remote, can’t seem to connect to the BLDC tool, tried multiple cords and downloaded 2 different times as well as all the proper drivers when I initially plugged in to test everything it was very limited at full throttle (about 9mph) so my question is if the vesc needs some settings tweaked or can it be plug and play. I spent a good 2 hours trying to get it connected but no luck

Please consider reading through this thread and several others, and search around a bit. You will probably find that most of your questions will be answered by doing that.

The VESC is not plug and play.

1 Like

If you were testing in the bench at full throttle you may have toasted it. Your not supposed to run Hugh amp with no.load.

2 Likes

What I mean when I say full throttle is I gave it a little bit of throttle to spin the motor and check direction and as I watched it spin up I gradually gave it more throttle til the throttle was all the way down and the motor barely went up in rpm from the start, neither the motor nor vesc should be damaged from a bench test like that and if so I will probably shelf it til the proper eboard tech is developed. Don’t take that the wrong way tho as I absolutely commend and applaud a lot of these guys and their vesc innovations but I think they would’ve been better off trying to team up with legitimate speed controller manufacturers like emax lumenier or spedix because some of these known faults and problems should be non existent simply because the problems are very well known

what? this controller was developed by 1 dude as a hobby… this is not a finalized, perfect product. almost anything relating to this hobby is beta. also, these are A LOT different than your run-of-the-mill 20a hell escs. the reason that it could’ve blown is because the erpm (you probably have no clue what the vescs limit is) could’ve spiked over the limit for a split second and fried the drv. these are known problems and could’ve very easily be avoided if you decided to read and research more before throwing a couple hundred $ away. seriously dude. this isn’t a problem with the vesc, it’s a problem with you :wink: so basically, read more before you actually fry anything, almost all vesc related issues are easily avoidable and 99.9% due to user error.

if you couldn’t figure out that the vesc wasn’t supposed to be used with factory settings, you might be better off shelving it up anyways before you cause yourself or your property (or other people(s)) serious damage. this stuff is very unforgiving and dangerous if used the wrong way. there have been multiple board fires, this is a reality you need to accept. honestly, I think people like you are half the reason this forum isn’t perfect. did you not read the “NEW USER? START HERE” thread? or the “Noob Questions” thread? i do agree that some work has to be done on the vesc to improve its user-friendliness and overall reliability, but do you realize how pricy that is? if you see a problem with the vesc, fix it yourself. if you used your eyes and the search button you would be able to figure out that there are virtually indestructible versions of the vesc available for sale

man this kind of shit really grinds my gears :rofl:

1 Like