VESC FAQ | Connect The Nyko Kama wireless wii NunChuck

Anyone there had success whit this wii nunchuck . dont know what type it is , but it says MAR105P121306 on the one little chip

http://store.43oh.com/%20CC2500-2.4Ghz-RF-Transreceiver-Module

I can’t tell if it possible to find the RX TX on this little thing :confused:

@kaiser Can you take a picture of the underside of the pcb and the back of the connector? Or you can look at the pinout of the connector and follow the traces yourself:

1 Like

u are my hero if u can pin out RX and TX … Helped a lot whit the picture u send ! Much better power going right this time the little blub is much brighter now! when know for sure where + and - is :smiley:

Hmm i have just paced pins inside the SDA to TX and SDL to RX And GND to GND and 3.3 v to 3.3 v but it dont seem to work :confused:

you may have your TX and RX wrong way around?

Since it’s not a Kama Nunchuk I doubt it will work. They are using different protocols.

Both ways is tried … A thing so simple is so hard :smiley: i have now orderd the kama wii from eBay …

Hey, on a different topic. Does anyone know what the deadband and ERPM settings do in the App > Nunchuck menu in the BLDC? I can’t find anything on it. I know the positive and negative time constants are for “smoothening” out the acceleration and breaking, but the other stuff eludes me.

**So I have an issue and have looked but can’t find the answer. I have a white nyko nunchuck and it’s wired different from the diagram I’ve seen across the board

Wires from top to bottom are Red white blue green brown Also I just got my vesc in from enertion but is has no jst port for the receiver. Can I just solder straight to the board or should I buy the port?

1 Like

Sorry for no help, but I have the same Nunchuck and receiver. I remember someone posted some diagrams for wiring in a thread I posted a while back, but there hasn’t been a definite answer. I hope someone can help. I am going to need to wire mine up soon.

Soldering directly to the PCB is safest and most reliable.

There’s no guarantee the wire colors correspond to the “original” Nyko receiver. The only way to tell for sure is view them as they were connected to the Wii-plug as shown in post 161 in this thread.

Thanks for the reply guys I ended up finding out how it was connected and just soldered it to the board. Figured I wouldn’t use that spot for anything else.

After having used a nunchuck for about a month I personally would really advise against using them. The connection isn’t always stable and it’s not super easy to keep the throttle in a stable location.

Better take the extra costs to get a more e-skate specific controller. Just my 2 cents!

Do you mind detailing how you connected it? I have the same nunchuck receiver. Perhaps a diagram? Thanks!

Red-3.3v Blue-Rx Green-Tx Brown-ground

You can find the port name on one side or other of the vesc

Now I don’t know if will work for sure. While testing all the lights came on ( the vesc and receiver) but also testing I made a stupid error and fried my vesc. So now I have everything ready to ride and no vesc. So be careful and make sure everything in connected well befor adding power. Stupid mistake on my part.

Hope it helps

2 Likes

Ouch. Thanks for the info, though! I hope it works out.

Hi builders.

The cruise control feature not work correctly. Please help me by take a look this and let me know what I should do.

https://youtu.be/j95BaCMUvHE

Had the same problem

this fixed it http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-nyko-nunchuck-unstable-cruise/1809/9?u=bender

2 Likes

Its works. Thank you so much :smiley: