VESC FAQ | Connect The Nyko Kama wireless wii NunChuck

Red-3.3v Blue-Rx Green-Tx Brown-ground

You can find the port name on one side or other of the vesc

Now I don’t know if will work for sure. While testing all the lights came on ( the vesc and receiver) but also testing I made a stupid error and fried my vesc. So now I have everything ready to ride and no vesc. So be careful and make sure everything in connected well befor adding power. Stupid mistake on my part.

Hope it helps

2 Likes

Ouch. Thanks for the info, though! I hope it works out.

Hi builders.

The cruise control feature not work correctly. Please help me by take a look this and let me know what I should do.

https://youtu.be/j95BaCMUvHE

Had the same problem

this fixed it http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-nyko-nunchuck-unstable-cruise/1809/9?u=bender

2 Likes

Its works. Thank you so much :smiley:

Hi Builders.

Please check out my issues: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-kama-nunchuck-cant-use-break/10866

youre doing it wrong! if you have the kama, its all about the cruise control button. raw throttle is just used to bring you initially up to speed, later small adjustments to your speed are done with throttle while holding cruise control, which allows small increments from current speed.

Ive never had dropouts btw, for me it was a very reliable remote until I started to work with full carbon enclosures!

for the kama to be truly enjoyable, I advise to fiddle with the pid control parameter unless they have been changed by benjamin vedder by now to something reasonable. check this: BLDC_Tool | Benjamin's robotics

I am still using the Nyco Kama and it has been working great.

Has anybody had any luck with other brands of wireless nunchucks, or only the Nyko Kama?

has anyone tried this one? certainly a cheap copy! what are the odds ??

The nyko kama is the one everyone uses

could everyone who has a reliable Nyko kama, take a picture of the receiver and your vesc?

If I shield my vesc with alumium , I have 0 dropouts. So now i’m curious where you placed your receivers to have no issues with the EMI of the vesc.

i just got that one as well , is it working fine for you ?

I haven’t bought it yet. copied the picture from my local online market website. I’m sure this is not an original deal so I wanted to be sure before I bought it.

well , i already have it but haven’t tried it yet , it seems like an original Nyko product not a copy but i guess either it is a different version than the one everyone uses i dont know if its newer or older , the packaging shows 2008 also i opened the receiver and it has way more chips and electronics than the normal ones everyone has here i dont know if thats good or bad lol if you are interested i can take some pictures for you

I put the receiver as far as I could from the VESCS. Zero dropouts for past 10 months and counting.

4 Likes

I increased length aswell… No solution for dropouts. Since I use the spacecell the wii dongle is still really close to my battery cells.
Maybe high current is an issue. Going to solder some capacitors now to the vcc and gnd of the reciever. Maybe this helps in some sort of way.

I guess wrapping the reciever in aluminium foil won’t be good for the bluetooth signal… :slight_smile:

Hey guys, does anyone know why you can’t wire up the nyco to your normal receiver? I’m thinking that you just need the RX wired up if you just want accel. brake. with no cruise control etc?

What normal receiver ?

I guess he means a 2.4Ghz receiver. Probably one of those noobs that has no idea how the Nunchuck works and thinks it is the same as a GT2B.