VESC FAQ | Connect The Nyko Kama wireless wii NunChuck

i dont know . cannot make promises . thanks for the link . i’m now gonna order a few and test it . thanks THIRTEEN !

XIII = thirteen right ?

so many variety of nunchucks . have you tried it yet ?. post a video once if successful .

Are you 13?

That will stay a mystery …

JK No i’m not, I’m 22. I like the XIII tag because it was my favorite comic book when i was young. Shared the TOP 2 with Largo Winch

Quick question: How do you go about re-centering the throttle position on the Nunchuck? I had programmed mine for an airplane esc over a year ago and needed to calibrate it all the way down to arm (used a rubber band to hold it down and throttle up as normal). Now I have VESCs and I can’t get it to re-calibrate center and/or endpoints. Tried the hold C button when turning on but not working. Is there a setting in the GUI for VESC as well? I think I got it working once but it reset back to arming only at full back-stick. Thanks!

So I just got my VESC from Enertion. Connected my Logic3 Wireless nunchuck according to the VESC 4.12 wiring and it seems to be recognizing it. (Don’t have a motor hooked up yet, but the display bar moves!)

Something to bear in mind with that Nunchuck though is that the receiver has incorrectly colored wires, so certainly double/triple check. (In my case black was 5V and red was ground…)

Here’s pictures:

I’ll post with updates as soon as I can connect my motor, but I first need to find some solder so I can make this connection permanent. (Damn holidays :stuck_out_tongue: )

EDIT: Just checked range, seems to be around 7 m LoS before it starts to act up (not always receive input)

1 Like

Please shield those three pins normally used for the receiver - there already was an issue on somebody’s board when the pins shorted on the capacitor board.

Yeah, I read that. That’s certainly planned :slight_smile:

red for ground and black for Vcc thats a good one! nice to know that there is a different brand chuk that works. nyko kamas are getting harder to find.

im also pretty happy that the new VESC’s are coming without the sockets which kinda forces people to solder.

(but still with hall socket? what does that tell you? enertion plans a sensored motor?..)

im also pretty happy that the new VESC’s are coming without the sockets which kinda forces people to solder.

That and the fact that getting those JXK headers is a pain if you want just one. I ended up ordering 20 from Farnell but had to also add in a new soldering iron and stuff to have the minimum amount for my order >_>

LOL I ordered 20 of the 4 pin ones for the canbus connector and ended up gluing a couple of 4’s together for other connections…

is there any chance that the nunchuck will work with a 3 pin esc like this? http://sky-vid.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/50-PCS-Sale-30-AMP-ESC-30A-SimonK-Firmware-Brushless-ESC-w-3A-5V-UBEC-Quad-2.jpg

Don’t think so. Anyone more knowledgeable please comment.

Some of the nunchuk receivers can connect to a normal PPM input- I believe torqueboards used to sell one (and maybe still does).

@awcany I think it can, it’s called a wiiceiver, designed by Austin Davis (if I remember correctly). I don’t think DIY sells them anymore.

I have one, pm me if you want it. From DIY looks like 3 wires wp-content/uploads/2014/11/wiiceiver-wireless-wii-nunchuck-instructions.jpg

ok thank you :smiley:

i will wait for the parts to arrive in my country and see if it will work or not , for the moment there is no point to ask you for the wiiceiver ,maybe i will not need it but thank you for the offer :smiley:

can u tell me what should i look for if i will buy a ppm input? does it matter the number of channels?

Channel number doesn’t matter, but you make want to solder the nunchuk dongle onto the receiver. There is a whole thread about nunchuk receiver, and how to wire everything.

Just use the forum search, and it’ll be one of the top suggestions

Is this the correct Kama? It looks different from the others.