Vesc Capicators Problem

You have a short circuit on the 3.3V rail, most common component that is prone to fail in this case is the can transceiver, U401.

If you are able to remove it (without destroying everything), measure again, you’ll notice a much higher resistance

im afraid im incapable of doing so. is that the only solution? removing/replacing it?

im afraid im incapable of doing so. is that the only solution? removing/replacing it?

Well the more destructive method would be to use some flush cutters and clip each leg of U401 off… Then again, i’m not 100% sure that this is your problem.

so who you said could help? :confused:

maybe you need to ship it back to @torqueboards.

Looks like you’re missing a cap at C26

well it is not really relevant, it for FOC purpose and had been added on the 4.12 version. So @Torqueboard probably use the 4.10BOM on 4.12 PCB, nothing to really worry about except for FOC.

3 Likes

also try this to check the can tranceiver

1 Like

I did the test you showed, the results are that i get a steady current on the c25 as you can see in the video and when diods touch eachother they go wild and unsteady

what do you think?

In diode check mode, when you have a short it is suppose to show 000, but if you have over 150 it’s ok, that just mean that you don’t have a short over the Can Tranceiver U401… Now, if you can just check the continuity (for the black and the red wire) from your battery connector to the pads on the PCB, to see if you have a bad connection over the capacitor board. (because for what I’ve see from Torqueboards VESC the soldering on the capacitor board is not really good).

1 Like

if i understood right here are the results. sorry but the host site has somehow flipped the view 180 degrees

http://sendvid.com/cybkpk74

It is ok to see some variation when the current is passing trough the capacitor. Buy from what a can see in your video I’am confident to tell your that you have a bad soldering over de ground wire… You will need to re-soldering it or contact @torqueboards to figure out orther option… Or I can do it for you but I’m located a bit far. (Canada)

1 Like

thanks. i have a solder if its not something too too tricky. soldering from the side where it’s writted “vedder capacitor board” should do?

No, just resolder de power cable on capacitor board and test it again

1 Like

did it, getting 00.2 on the read from the side of the output to the vesc :confused:

What is at 0.000 volt or on diode check?

1 Like

the power cables (red and black) on the vesc

ok, so it is looking like a bad capacitor board, your best bet will be to contact @torqueboards to see if he can propose you any solution for the repair.

1 Like

Hello, listgaus.

Did you fix that problem? I’ve also encountered it and I managed to find out how to fix it. I’m also from Israel so maybe we could talk.