Vesc brakes help

What trouble? While you were in the board?

Yes while i was on the board. sometimes it was no breaking/moving backwards. i was accelerating and then break/throttle back and it would not respond … then when i stop and do reverse it would go reverse with no problem … i have no idea what happened then but after that i changed back to no reverse with break

Ok new update once i tested again.

Everything seems to work just fine with me on the board the break and the acceleration. Thank you @Jinra for all you help.

I tested now with both no reverse with break and current mode and both are working good. Altho im a little scared to break when high speed.

I think ill use it in current because the break is easier to control.

Sadly the rain ended my happiness so i had to stop for today. If anything else comes up ill update.

1 Like

I think someone mentioned it above, but give @Ackmaniac’s firmware a go. I think you’ll like the throttle curves

1 Like

i had no time to read about that and i dont understand if that is to be installed on the vesc or is just like bldc tool … i will read about it and check that out :smiley: tnx

Definitely read about it. It’s basically a custom firmware to replace the firmware that’s on the VESC and a modified BLDC-Tool to configure it. It’s based on the originals, but @Ackmaniac has done an amazing job and added some very good control features (throttle curves for example) that make it much more intuitive and natural.

1 Like

I tested the button that is supposed to change the mode beginner/advanced but i see no difference in speed or acceleration with button up or down ?

Do i need to make anything else ? (i read something that is on reverse from the specs down is high speed and up is begginer)

Thank you.