VESC Bluetooth Modules for Sale! [IN STOCK AGAIN] [APP FINISHED UPDATE]

I got one!
I’ll be running it hopefully tonight and if not then tomorrow and give feedback here. I see evoheyax often and we’re both in sf. I guess I’ll buy an apple phone. Will this work with any old crappy Iphone because I want the cheapest used one I can find…as I’m sure to break it.

It’s 38mm by 25mm by ~3mm thick. It’s very small, about the size of a 2.4 Ghz reciever, but thinner

1 Like

The new app I’m working on will have a meter meter and speedometer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

well i figured I’d get all that from the erpm and amperage readouts anyway

That’s how I plan on doing it.

Awesome @evoheyax ! This sounds really useful! Some other users here have created connectivity apps for VESC that might be helpful for you to check out. @makevoid has one that allows an export of all settings via .xml file.

can I use it with a much older iphone?

Yes, you need iOS 9.2 or higher though. I would research to see how 9.2 runs on older iphones if you want to use an older one.

1 Like

depends on the minimum IOS requirements …

I just looked at the app and it says version 9.2 of IOS.

the complete iOS 9 supported devices compatibility list: iPad Air iPad Air 2 iPad Mini iPad Mini 2 iPad Mini 3 iPad 4th generation iPad 3rd generation iPad 2 iPhone 6 Plus iPhone 6 iPhone 5S iPhone 5C iPhone 5 iPhone 4S iPod Touch 5th generation

edit: nice work @evoheyax !

thanks that’s a huge help for us who dont know squat. I phone 4s here i come. I guess the 4 isnt up to it.

My order number is 1, does that make me the first? Hehe

Edit @Hummie, that’s correct, the 4 can’t handle Ios 9 but would suggest a 5 cause the 4 is an all glass model…

1 Like

Yes you are, Thank you for your order!

3 Likes

Any ideas how to make this work with my nunchuck remote that is already using that port on the VESC?

I am #3!! I rule lol

Um… I’m not sure actually. I thought this question might be asked. I could try it and see if it’s possible. I would say maybe you can split the signal… If possible, it sounds more like a custom job. But I will try to look into it if I can find the time.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who has ordered. I will do my best to have them out in the morning.

1 Like

I’m glad to support any developments in the right directions !

1 Like

Well until then I have a second build with a different controller so I’ll try it on that, you know for science!

Order #4 :grinning:

1 Like

And ordered too!

@evoheyax welcome to vendorhood.

Congratulations on the website and the product development. It’s great to see more businesses starting up and innovating.

When I started this forum i hoped that it would be an environment that allowed new business to florish. I have always believed that business and end users need to mix together openly if we are to build the diy esk8 scene into a legitimate industry.

A recent trend of new ventures on this forum is a very positive sign of a healthy & growing community. The more the better.

Strap in & prepare for one hell of a ride. 2017 is going to be huge.

9 Likes