VESC 6 Group-Buy

I’m going to be building my dream board starting now and for the next few months. The VESC was one item I have really been hesitant about and doing the most research over and I don’t see how I could build my dream board without these VESC 6’s. I might end up getting 4, eventually so I can have a 4WD Carvon with V4’s. Until then, I’ll have dual V4’s and I want the VESC 6 running then!

http://www.trampaboards.com/vesc-6-complete--vedder-electronic-speed-controller-trampa-exclusive-p-24166.html

Don’t mistake my hesitance for disapproval, I think we should go for it and I was just voicing concern. Money saved is always a must in this hobby.

1 Like

Awesome, so you think you’ll be able to set something up then?

I would wait, there are other manufacturers that are just about to release new, and most likely better, versions of the VESC 6. They will be significantly cheaper too.

4 Likes

Contact with @stewii he has some nice v6 cookies!! Also in UK.

1 Like

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/hw6-4-based-esc/37579

2 Likes

I’d be happy to help out where needed but as others have pointed out it is probably best to wait a bit.

If you’re eager I can get one sorted considering I think you can get the cheap prices with 10 VESCs, yes?

Talking with @stewii. We might have something coming down the line…

1 Like

About how long till that’s available roughly…?

How much do you charge for your ESC? Will the final product have a aluminum heatsink or something similar to the VESC 6? I didn’t realize others were derby) developing ESC’s for the 6th. Obviously now that makes since, given there are so many options for them running 4.12.

It’s not mine… its @stewii VESC6. Price? I paid $160 and bought (2). Please just PM him :slight_smile:

That thread has the STL file for the housing. We were going to get it CNC aluminum milled by @Kug3lis but he has too many projects going on I guess. I sent the housing to 3dhubs.com – they will print and send me (2) for about $25 + $4 shipping. I guess that would bring my total outlay on them to about $350 for (2).

The cases would be made by my father not me. I am just a middleman :smiley: Next week he is getting a new CNC machine so production would be way better and quality also better. Just at the moment, there are preparation jobs to get CNC installed in the workshop.

1 Like

Sorry… i forgot what we were waiting on :slight_smile: please let me know when we have them lined up… or ready to the group buy.

Sure, send me the latest STL file in PM I will send him so he could do the review if everything is alright.

Invited you the buyer’s PM thread. Thanks. Please join… the STL files are linked on there.

2 Likes

We are still just working out the details of potentially sourcing from a PCBA house… since admittedly hand soldering the VESC6 is time consuming (seriously a steal for what @stewii is charging). Assuming things work out, I predict 3 weeks to a month for units to arrive at people’s doors. If something turns up, I’ll see if arranging a group by with one of the regulars is possible. We’ll need a higher order quantity for the prices to be reasonable.

Id be interested in a group buy! Id defiantly be down for 2 vesc6s

Would this not work with @stewii vesc6?

http://www.trampaboards.com/vesc-6-cnc-aluminum-heat-sink-silicone-sealed-housing-p-24842.html

Maybe … likely but i think @Kug3lis will mill them for us from the stl files that @stewii has provided.

I mean the vescs are very close to identical but if they are off by a few millimeters it would be annoying. The dimensions on the casing you linked aren’t on their website

Currently reaching out to my PCBA contacts from both the US and China. Hopefully a decent price estimate turns up.

1 Like