VESC 4.12 unable to "make upload" the firmware

Hello,

I just received a VESC 4.12, and i bought a discovery board to upload the firmware. So I have been advised to change a specific line in the Makefile of the firmware in order to have the Discoveryboard working, which I did:

“openocd -f board/stm32f4discovery.cfg -c “reset_config trst_only combined” -c “program build/$(PROJECT).elf verify reset exit” # For openocd 0.9” By the way, in vedders’ configuration guide, the OpenOCD that the command installs is a 0.7.0 version.

So after I change that line, the error i get when uploading looks like this: "Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD adapter speed: 2000 kHz adapter_nsrst_delay: 100 none separate srst_only separate srst_nogate srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst trst_only combined trst_push_pull Info : Unable to match requested speed 2000 kHz, using 1800 kHz Info : Unable to match requested speed 2000 kHz, using 1800 kHz Info : clock speed 1800 kHz Error: open failed in procedure ‘program’ in procedure ‘init’ called at file “embedded:startup.tcl”, line 473 in procedure ‘ocd_bouncer’ ** OpenOCD init failed ** shutdown command invoked make: *** [upload] Error 1 " Sometimes I do not have that ocd_bouncer error though but the log I always get is: “srst_only separate srst_nogate srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst trst_only combined trst_push_pull”

Can anyone please help? thank you !

I am certain somebody will end up asking you this, so ill just get it out of the way:

This board doesnt already have firmware on it correct? I know the VESC I had bought from @onloop already had firmware on it, so I could upload via USB and get around using the whole discovery board thing.

otherwise, the line that you changed, was it line 473 of startup.tcl? Never done this before, but I have been programming enough to read an error output, and that error output complaigns about line 473, so whatever the solution is here has something to do with that line of the file startup.tcl.

Will follow this as I am curious. Good luck buddy!

Alright I will have a look at it and keep you up to date. It might also be an error caused by the Discovery board I have. I am still investigating all potential causes. I ll work on it tonight and see how it goes. Thank you !