Vanguard | 12s2p MEB Stealth Battery | SK3 149kv I VESC | 3D Print Pulley Cover

Uploaded the Pulley Cover to Thingiverse. Hopefully it works for you all. If not. I also included the Solidworks File so you guys can edit it.

2 Likes

Great!! Thanks a lot!!!

Your holes are offset by a little bit.

Ah guess it flexed enough when I installed it to not notice. I have updated the files though to have this hole spacing. .

Working on the Smaller VESC/ Switch enclosure for the board. 3D printed in ABS with the curve built in. Will use weather stripping and wood inserts to mount the enclosure. Current ones are a bit tight right now, so printing one that’s a bit bigger.

Debating on if I want to mount the LCD and the push button switch or just the Push Button.

6 Likes

Those enclosures look awesome! Would you be willing to share the .stl file for them?

I would also like the STL file :smiley:

Posted the Case to Thingiverse. I sized it a bit larger than the photo before. This now fits two VESC or a VESC and an ON/OFF switch. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1817161

There is about 28mm between the bottom of the board and the inside top of the case. If people would like a “slim version” let me know and I can upload that. But I figured the slightly larger version would be a tad bit more universal.

I also have 1/4" thick weather stripping underneath to help make sure everything is snug and watertight. Adhesive side stuck to the board.

13 Likes

Maybe I missed it, but is there a matching battery case?

Not yet. I have one modeled to fit the MEB Battery which is actually quite a large pack. It however it JUST barely fits on my printer platform (Taz 5). Once I get a print and see everything works. I’ll post it. May have to split the part and glue it together. Which may be a safer bet printing wise too.

If theres a big request, and a bit of freetime to model. I may do a more Boosted Style one that fits a few Lipos or something.

I would love a boosted style enclosure :wink:

Uploaded the Battery Case tho Thiniverse.

I ended up printing it in two parts and glueing it together. Right now its just has a bit of Bondo and primter. Will be painting the enclosure later this week.

6 Likes

Another shot

5 Likes

@Emancarrillo is this still a work in progress?

The battery enclosure you used was for MEB 12S2P battery pack, would it be possible to mount two of those somehow?

@emancarrillo how much range have you got out of the 12S2P MAB battery on your vanguard?

Mount two? As is one on the front and one on the back? Sure don’t see why not. As for combining two together to make one large one. It prob wouldn’t work that well.

As for range. I haven’t really ridden this till dead. I usually stick to the 5 mile range and then have time to recharge.

I was wondering if I could fit the MEB Stealth battery + 2 vesc and BMS on the big enclosure design you uploaded on Thingiverse.

Won’t fit. It’s a pretty snug fit with just the battery. Can do the Battery and a Swtich, but thats about it.

would you be willing to share the source files if you still have them?

He has them on thingiverse.