Upgrading mini remote to Enertion Nano X?

I’ve been using Mini RC remotes for over a year and have never experience the battery springs getting loose. Guess if your having that issue, you just grab the end of the spring with needle nose pliers and pull on it to lengthen the spring a little. BTW, if you put AA Lithium batteries in they should last at least 6 months if you ride every day. Mine lasted almost a year and then I changed them before they ran out.

1 Like

My “spring” ie metal tab, compressed when I dropped the remote from chest high. It snapped in half when I went to fix it.
Can’t remember what I soldered on there for temp fix - just looking for another solution.

Let me check and see if I have a spare battery tab for the mini

which tab broke top or bottom? Actually, I can send you the whole half shell with battery compartment. You just pay for shipping.

The switch mounts to the circuit board. I have a spare switch I can send you if you want to replace the broken one

Thanks for the offer my friend. Shipping to Peru is going to take a while.

I’m thinking about upgrading the power switch with a tougher one that I could source locally, maybe a push button switch.

It’s probably doable with a remote switch with wires to the pcb

I had the Nano/Winning remote. Loved the size and thumb control but I had disconnect issues like many others. Usually when I ride it denser populated streets. I’m currently using the Mini. I really like it especially after hacking off the steering control wheel control, the great battery life is awesome. I have a Nano-X that still hasn’t been used because frankly I grew tired of unscrewing the case. I’ll get to it eventually.

1 Like

I think the problem with the Nano is it’s receiver. For one thing it hasn’t got an external antenna if my memory is correct

@Namasaki I like to throw my body and arms around when I skate. I find that a lot of the controllers with triggers and thumb controls have me gently trying to hold the throttle in one position for extended periods of time. it makes it hard for me to aggressively throw myself into a hard carve or something… i feel like I’m concentrating too much on throttle and I lose the free-form that is skating. also a lot of my friends are noobie skaters and its much easier for them to accelerate slowly and smoothly with the kama. thats what I mean by “rideability”

I have tried so many different controllers and always go back to the Kama. its the best as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

I made an adjustment to the throttle curve on my nano x and it’d runing much better instead of 25-50-75% I switched to 10-25-50, you guys should try that setup

1 Like

I agree with @Namasaki in the end it’s a preference. Kinda like the whole Android vs Apple battle. I’ve had both the Miami Electric (Benchwheel) Remote and the Nano-X from Enertion. The throttle curve on both are a bit sensative IMO. But it’s something I’ve gotten used to. I’ve used @KlethBane’s Mini Remote which he’s had used on all three of his builds. I respect his opinion so I gave it a go and really didn’t enjoy the experience. I think for now, I’ll stick with the thumb throttle. Maybe give it some more time to get used to. Good luck :wink:

Question Does nano remote show battery life for the eboard?

The standard nano remote does not.

You should give my firmware mod a try because you can fine tune the throttle curve of the remote to your needs.

1 Like

What do you mean by standard?? Is there a way to add it? I bought it for the dual vescx and space cell pro battery Would be kind to knpw if there isna way to add it!

I have not seen any mod for the Nano to display battery level.

What mod? Got a link?

Hi, can you post a screen of your settings for the nano? thanks