Updating my VESC to latest firmware and don't know which firmware to download

It’s what @Ackmaniac does best. Or make super awesome firmware. :smiley:

Just download the 2.16 bldc-tool in the second link I posted and try to work with that one. Then it should be possible to work with that one instead of flashing the firmware of the current firmware on the vesc is 2.16. If that works then it also might be possible to flash a new firmware via that bldc-tool.

And this here should be the correct link for my firmware mod if you want to give it a try.

Dropbox

And you also should try another USB cable and USB Port. I also had a Laptop where one of the USB Ports caused trouble.

1 Like

ok, thank you

UPDATE: FINALLY GOT MY VESC TO CONNECT AND UPDATE?:sunglasses: Much thanks to all the people that were involved and sharing their amazing knowledge in Eboards. Now, I need help with the numbers to program the vesc settings, turnigy 6374 sk3 149kv, Torque Boards on off switch, 2X Zippy Flightmax 5000mAh 3s batts. Here is a pic. of the current settings based on stuff I read. (would also like to setup regen. braking, dont really need reverse at the moment) still trying to learn all this stuff, many thank yous to all, my son is a very happy kid today.

1 Like

Hey! Just got my VESC and BLDC says its version 2.18. The vesc is 4.12. I would like to try out Ackmaniacs mods, cause it seems real cool :slight_smile: The thing is I cant get the firmware upload working. There is no errors or anything, just says FW Upload done. The vesv does not restart as ive seen it do on Youtube. It just lits up the blue led and nothing more. When Power cycling and connecting it still says 2.18. @Tampaesk8er did you do anything special to get it working? The link for all bldc versions seems to be down.

Everytime you change a setting, click write config on bldc tool, then hit the reboot button on bldc tool and connect again. I tried to install acks. modified version of bldc tool and i had too many issues with it so i just use my vesc as is. Both my boards are riding between 19 & 22mph so im good with that.

1 Like

Here is a file that has windows and mac versions of bldc tool, download file and also save it in a memory card so you always have it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0Bym9XrdeViekfkRETmRndENkcVpySW5sWjIzOWdrLThCY01HY3BPOXpqYVRHUlQxS0R5ZlU?usp=drive_web#list

1 Like

you´re missing a bootloader.

1 Like

Its a mess if i miss the bootloader but it should work with version 2.18, right? Just need the right bldc tool for that version. http://vesc.net.au/ are down and nothing can be downloader from there. Does anyone have a bldc tool for 2.18? :slight_smile:

Oh, finaly found some older versions of bldc tool. Using the one for 2.18 workes like a charm for me.

1 Like

Use the file i just gave you, its the same bldc tool that was on vesc.net.au

the file i just sent you works cause i installed it on my pc and on 3 different laptops and on a flash drive.

when you connect your vesc to the bldc tool, make sure you click on top right corner, where it says “serial connection” click the little tab on the left side where it says connect. by doing this, it gives you the correct serial connection for your vesc. it worked for me, after you click that little black circular arrow next to where it says connect, it refreshes your serial connection for your vesc. follow these steps exactly, you might not need to download bootloader, it might be installed. i had same issue and i didnt have to download bootloader. you see in the picture how it says “COM5”

Connecting is not an issue. Using the 2.54 Ackmaniac bldc tool, it says the firmware is old. Using the bldc tool for 2.18 works with no messages. I Think i will go with 2.18 so I can try my motor and och get the thing on the road before I start messing with the firmware again :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for your help!

ok cool, i had too many issues with acks. tool so i never installed it, i just couldnt figure it out. Just stay using your vesc normally and you shouldnt have any issues, just tweak it to your likeness.

To use my modded bldc-tool you also need to flash the vesc with my firmware file. And if you can’t flash it then it is very likely that you have a maytech vesc.

I purchased two used vescs from a user on here and I’m just getting around to figuring them out. He mentioned they have ackmaniac firmware but not which one. I have only used the bldc tool from the enertion website on multiple Torqueboards vescs…so a. Is there a way to figure out which firmware is currently on a vesc?

b. Where can I find this software for Mac os?(if even available)?

c. is it easy to update these vescs easily? I don’t want to damage them.

Thank you for all the help.

Try this link, i wouldnt try ackermans version, i had many issues with it, glitches for some 4.12 vesc. Try these:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0Bym9XrdeViekfkRETmRndENkcVpySW5sWjIzOWdrLThCY01HY3BPOXpqYVRHUlQxS0R5ZlU?usp=drive_web#list

vesc-bldc-tool-download-link/

vesc simple setup:

im getting error that says no firmware read response :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Use the new Vesc Tool and then you might have to install bootloader to your vesc if it dosnt have it installed. is your vesc a Maytech vesc?

i just had to change com port so I’m moving on over to motor detection failed… Thanks