Unnamed | blank deck | caliber2 44 | tb v4 mount | tb 230 kv motor | 10s3\4p | tb esc

400 5mm led’s ordered and soon 50 more 25R’s

What are you using them for? Sorry if you have already said why you are getting them.

Headlights, taillights and, underglow.

If you have the possibility to try DD do it. I tried it two times now and I cant imagine a worse concept. Torque steering is real and I don’t care what anybody says who hasn’t tried it. Believe me it really really really really sucks so bad IMO

Edit: Two 6355 in DR are so sweet to ride!

your the first person i have seen say DD sucks. ima try it on the test board and if it does suck i can go to DR and just have a motor on either side of the trucks.

but updates, leds ordered: 400 inbound sk3 6364 245KV ordered: 1 inbound new caliber 2 44dgr trucks satin blue: 1 pair inbound (was gonna use the green ones that i own[pair in op] but they are chewed to shit) and grade A samsung 25r5 18650s: 50 inbound

i have the deck, sleds, shock pads, bushings, screws, and nickel strips here. I own the esc, mount, grears, and wattmeter.

now the diagrams single

dual

the little square dots are leds and the blue lines are wire bundles.

And the spot welder didn’t work

So got this all set up

Spot welder didn’t work so I may solder with silver solder or make a cap bank spot welder.

Are these the batteries? I noticed each battery has 2500mAh and you have 40 of them which means you have 100,000mAh? How did you wire them - parallel or series? What kind of battery enclosure did you use to put them all together so nicely? It’s very aesthetic! How far can this go with that long of battery life? Are these batteries rechargeable and with what charger/adapter? I am very new to the community and am working on my first build. I want to use it for commuting/cruising purposes to go long distances. Do you recommend I should use similar batteries?

I gladly appreciate any advice/tips! Thanks!

1 Like

10,000 mAh

its a series parallel array, so i have 10 groups of 4 wired in parallel then i wire the ten groups together in series to make it 10S.

is 370 watt-hours so i should be able to get 34KM never gone that far on it though.

yes, samsung 25R5 18650 cells are rechargable and, because they are just in holders like you would fine in your tv remote for AA i use the following to charge. https://www.amazon.ca/Nitecore-Rechargeable-Batteries-Integrated-Displays/dp/B00M7W27PK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466976333&sr=8-1&keywords=nitecore+d4+digicharger

http://efestpower.com/index.php?ac=article&at=read&did=413

do i recommend it, yes and no

if you do your research then you could build a pack like this but it is something that could fail easy and kill people if you fuck up. so for your first board i suggest lipos for R/C cars then when you learned how to make an 18650 pack go for it.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the information!

I think I’ll go with LiPo batteries then. Do you recommend anything other than Zippy 5,000mAh or should I just go with that? Also I’m a little confused about something: If you have 40 batteries that each have 2,500 mAh, how do you only get 10,000 mAh? Does this have to do with the wiring?

Thanks again

when battery=ies are connected in series only the voltage they output increases

when connected in parallel their capacity and amperage increase.

What would have happened if you connected them all in parallel? Would you have gotten a superrrr long battery life?

Also, do you recommend anything other than Zippy 5,000mAh or should I just go with that?

if you connect them all in parallel you would get tons of life but no speed, motor may not even move

and zippys are good cells to go with.

Cool thanks! If you have time, would you mind checking out my parts list and giving advice/tips? I would really appreciate it!

Link here

50 Samsung 25r5 cells showed up at my house today… thanks for leaving them outside fedex.

all these damned postal services

Was the package supposed to be signed for? If not, then they usually leave it outside.

no thing on the page but still this is the first package i have had left at the door.

Is 25r5 better than 30q or 32a?

better then the 32A? yes

better then the 30Q? thats a toss up you would need to use 5 instead of 4 but the capacity would be higher per cell.

1 Like