Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Looks great -so menu can set up either RGB with individual outputs or addressable through one output? When do you expect to ship first batch as I have a build awaiting your remote to complete! Cheers

Take my money (just less than previously offered)

I finally managed to implement FHSS (Frequency-hopping spread spectrum)! I have spent so many hours trying to develop a working solution, it is very time sensitive since both the receiver and transmitter have to be in synchronized agreement on what channel to hop next. This allows the remote and the receiver to constantly switch frequencies in order to counter any interference, and thus creating a more reliable connection. Work is almost finished, and I should be able to start shipping by the end of this week :+1: Let’s hope everything goes well :grin:

9 Likes

Take your time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wajdi -

Could the digital output drive a WS2811 IC for addressable LED strip?

Cheers

Hi,

one more suggestion for cahnges or implementation for @Wajdi (maybe also just later for a V.2 Version)

You receiver communicates via UART, right. so, an amazing possibility would be to change “power-modes” with the remote. maybe three different ones like (kids(300Watt) - adults(1000Watt) - maniacs(2000Watt))

@Ackmaniac s App and firmware allows to change powermodes via smartphone-app->bluetooth-module->UART

so i guess this information could also be forwared by your remote an receiver ?

@SkaterBoy58 Yes, it can drive both WS2812 and WS2811. @notger Interesting, for Watt control I think the VESC needs to have @Achmaniac custom firmware uploaded. In my remote I focus on stock VESC firmware. I don’t know if there is a difference in the UART protocol between the stock version and @Ackmaniac one.

Please print it out of blue or pink plastic so it doesn’t get mistaken for a gun in the hand by a trigger-happy cop

3 Likes

with @Ackmaniac s Firmware its not just Watt-Controll witch ich really amazing compared to the old firmware or even the new VESC-Tool firmware. It also allows brake and reverse with ppm signals or cruise control via the second receiver cannel and lots of other nice stuff !!!oh i should not forget throttle curve for braking and acceleration !!!

would be amazing if you could couple up an make something compatible.

How is it actually looking with your DIY-kit ?

2 Likes

Is there any sealing on the buttons/thumb stick? Would be great if it could take a little rain without imploding

Maybe sugru

@b264 Haha, sure. I was actually going to try different print colors :smiley: @notger Nice! I will try to use his firmware on my VESC sometime this week, and see how it goes. About my DIY kit, i will launch it once I ship the first batch, I’m almost done, I just want to make sure everything is working as expected before shipping. @banjaxxed Unfortunately no, the remote is not water resistant. Perhaps in future versions.

Not looking like we have a gun in our hand at night is important :stuck_out_tongue: Cops around here are a little jittery

Cool I think sugru and corrosionx can help in the interim

I tried an orange color filament for the top cover and it looks awesome! Thanks @solidgeek for the idea :grin:

The seam in the middle is because I run out of filament mid-print.

1 Like

A couple color options, whats your favorite? They all look darn good :grinning:

4 Likes

For me - White/Grey one looks best

The red and the white look best to me. I cant pick one clear winner.

I’ll take one in blue!

The only color your missing is green!

@Wajdi I like the orange / black. For orders will you charge more for different colors?

Also when will your code be available or is it not going to be available for people to modify / etc…? Great work… Two thumbs up.