Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

The remote has a micro usb port that is linked to the serial pins, so yeah, you can just plug the remote to your computer, and use arduino IDE to upload your sketch. I might open source my software sometime in the future if I finish cleaning it up. The receiver tho, does not have a usb serial port, so you need an SWD programmer to upload a new firmware.

@wajdi can you post a video with all the menus and it’s functionality ?

Woah, out of stock already! Well, guess I’ll wait for the next round…

Working on one right now.

Its marked as out of stock because I didn’t start the Pre-Order yet.:slight_smile:

Any idea when Pre-Orders will be open?
Cheers

1 Like

Hey guys, here is a quick video I made to show the different remote settings, I might add a thing or two before release, but this should give you a good idea of how things work. The remote enclosure was quickly 3d printed on low settings for fast prototyping. I’m also in the process of ordering a new 3D printer, probably the cr-10, because it has a larger volume, and far more superior quality than mine.

EDIT: I have also modified the PCB to add the tactile push buttons directly to it, less wiring, and better connectivity. I also improved the LIPO charging, at first it was charging with 100ma, now it does 500ma.

14 Likes

when will you please take my money? :confounded:

EDIT: registered for newsletter @ eboardshop… but my question still stands :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys, Pre-Ordering is now finally available! Buy your reservation at http://www.eboardshop.net and get in the first batch :relaxed:

2 Likes

I went to place my pre-order, but it looks like the checkout wizard is charging state tax regardless of which state/location you specify, which isn’t legal. If you can fix that, I’ll complete the checkout. I’m assuming you don’t have a physical presence in all 50 states :).

Also, you still thinking they should be available in about 3 weeks? Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up, I think I fixed that. I have a limited knowledge when it comes to things like taxes.

Thanks-that appears to be resolved… but sorry, I have another detail I wanted to address on the next step…

Your ToC says “Returns are accepted within 30 days of the original purchase date. All returns must be in unused state, in it’s original packaging with the original packing slip.”

Can that be changed to “date of delivery” and “the original state”? Otherwise, if I buy today and the pre-order takes a week or two longer than expected and/or if I am shipped a broken or damaged device, I’m not covered/protected on the return (not that I’m planning on having to, but wanted to address). Thoughts? Thanks.

Fixed, thanks for pointing that out. :+1:

Thanks for the super quick turnaround(s)… pre-order placed!

Interested but $40 is kind of high for shipping but I guess that’s what’s on offer to ireland, is this a discount on a future price? With import fees this could be almost be a $200 controller.

What’s the deal with spares in case if an accident or wear?

Ps: very cool congrats

1 Like

Thank you, and yes international shipping is kinda expensive :frowning2: About spare parts, I think I will add things like 3D printed shells etc… to be purchased separately.

For the remote, you can ship it in a 6x10 bubble mailer for about $10 to Ireland as I just shipped parts to @banjaxxed

It’s also a similar price to all of Europe

2 Likes

Hey guys, if you are interested and want to be included in the first batch, you can Pre-Order at www.eboardshop.net, only a few days left until I submit parts orders.:+1:

Hi, I really love your remote, but i have a similar issue like @banjaxxed. 40$ shipping plu toll an tax in Europe is getting near 200$ then, thats not in my budget right now. Still i understand the effort you put in and the price you demand.

i might wait until the remote has proofen stability and saved up some money. maybe you could also find some cheaper shipping option for us europeans. I recently paied 35$ for a 5kg ebike-kit from US, so there must be an cheaper option.

greets Notger

Is the final product 3D printed or not?

Yes it’s 3D printed