UK MEMBER ? | Introduce yourself here! :)

Just came across this thread, thought I’d introduce myself.

I live in the far far, far, far, north of Scotland, about 20 miles from John ‘O Groats. If anyone fancy’s going on an epic Lands End to John O’ Groats ride I’d be happy to meet you up here :smiley:

I’m currently riding a Trampa/E-Toxx eMTB, but hoping to build a street board in the near future.

I work as a software developer for a (much loved ) telecommunication’s company :slight_smile:

Yo man, what style trucks are they? They look at lot more paris-y than caliber-y. I ask because im desp for a paris style mount! If you made you’re own maybe you could help? :pray:

I live in West London, work in Bracknell. I’ve got the typical 6S single drive DIY job.

Currently riding around Bracknell at lunch times, and weekends and evenings around London.

Jack, 27 from Leicester here!

Currently rolling around on this:

Planning a second already with a Loaded Vanguard…

3 Likes

Alright they are just cheap trucks which have 4 flat sides but I have just brought some caliber trucks to change to. I’m sure if you can get hold of a 3D file for Paris truck could help you defiantly as I could 3D print you something and you just copy and make out of metal which is what I did. Or can try and see if there is any group buys happening.

Hey! I’m Jonny from Farnham, Surrey.

I’ve ridden with @Alexander a couple of times in Brighton, but I agree we all need to meet up at some point. I ride a single motor 6S DIY Lush Machine 3D… but I’m now making a sort of home-brew Boosted Board, using a Flex 3 Vanguard deck with the same single 6S setup with new enclosures from @oriol360 :smiling_imp:

I had no idea there were so many UK peeps on here! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have been thinking of starting a facebook group for up esk8te would people be interested.

2 Likes

Yo! Facebook sounds like a good idea! i’d be in on that. I’ve got a load of parts on order for a Dual Drive (VESC’s) on a Lush Grifter 3D.

this is my 1st build, hopefully of many.

1 Like

Ok here is it share and join will add people when invited so please invite any friends that may be interested.

Hi, Doug here from sunny Ipswich.

I’ve just started collecting parts and hope to have my build finished after Christmas.

I have two questions for the UK crew.

1. where do you choose to source your motors and VESC from? Are there any uk suppliers that hold stock?

2. Has anyone ever had a brush with the law? Technically your board will be illegal if over 500w. I really doubt the average bobby is clued up enough to realise but it will be something that comes to a head as they get more popular.

I have motors available if you need to buy any :slight_smile:

But you do not have 6374 motor?

Nice! We have quite a few people on this thread now which is great! I will definitely join the Facebook group but I won’t be able to tag along to any events just yet…

I have the same questions as Dougy! Haha But maybe they should be the start of a new Topic? :slight_smile: (A cheap local VESC would be nice as I need 2!)

A couple of my friends are police officers & I can almost guarantee they wont have a clue what an eboard is if I asked them. lol

Hey Guys I’m Chigzy from Walsall / Birmingham. Would be ace to meet up with some eboarders in the future. No one around me has them and getting kinda annoyed with the solo rides now :frowning:

Hey y’all ! 33 yr old from the northwest here. 99% finished my mountainboard build … then winter starts. Always been a fair weather biker and unfortunately im gonna be a fair weather boarder too. Will keep popping on here from time to time to stay in the loop (until decent weather returns, then no doubt i’ll be back on full time)

I’m not going to worry too much about the law tbh … how is a local bobby going to know it isnt over 500w if thats what you tell him it is. ‘Its only illegal if you get caught’ :wink:

Join the fb group I created can make it easier to make group meets where in the northwest.

Im not a big facebooker tbh mate, im of the opinion the world would be a better place without it. I do still pop on occasionally though so if i remember next time im on, i will :slight_smile: cheers

Yea no problem I know what you mean though just find it convenient for groups like this as some time quicker on there but will try and keep bother pages updated

Hi Doug!

1. Check out AlienPowerSystem. They’re based in Liverpool, have decent motors, really good mounts but their communication is patchy. If stuff is in stock it gets dispatched quickly, though.

1b) Enertion sell the best motors in my eyes and they’ve just announced a brand new VESC, they have a new European warehouse that they will be shipping from soon I believe. Their motors are 190kv so you’ll need to be running at least 8S to get decent performance.

1. No brushes with the law, I’ve been riding my board in Portsmouth, Brighton and locally here in Farnham with no issues. To be honest, I rarely see any Police as they’re so over-stretched these days dealing with actual crimes. I wouldn’t worry about it, I don’t - but I always ride with public etiquette, meaning I won’t go blasting through a group of pedestrians at 15MPH, for example, it’s just not cool. If you go slowly, you’re more likely to spark a conversation about the board and people tend to either get excited about wanting one or just call you ‘lazy’ for riding an electric skateboard, haha!

Hope this helps! :slight_smile: