Turnigy AeroDrive SK3 245Kv in Europe

@crameur Thank you for the reply! Which ebay is it, .co.uk, .com, or .de? And I’d prefer not having to wait half a month… I’d really like to get this project finished before my summer vacation ends :slight_smile: EDIT: But I found the 149kv version in stock on hobbyking, so i might just go with that.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_43995__Turnigy_G160_Brushless_Outrunner_245kv_160_Glow_UK_Warehouse.html

I’d prefer the SK3 though, seeing as I haven’t seen any builds using the G160.

1 Like

Well looks like there aren’t no motors left on eBay, sorry. I know some French builder who used these motors : http://www.hellray.de/shop/#!/eSkateboard-Transmission/c/15255001/offset=0&sort=normal

@LucidLunacy Seeing as I’m 110kg, would the G160 245Kv be better than the SK149Kv?

It depends on your pulley ratio. The less kv the more torque so considering your weight a lower kv rating would be best but you can still take the 245 and go with a 12/13/14 motor pulley

@crameur Alright, I’ll go with the 149Kv then.

Also if you went for the 149kv you would use a 10s or 12s setup in order to reach the motor perfect RPM

@crameur Can’t I just use 6S for the time being? What do you mean with “motor perfect RPM”?

optimal (most efficient) outrunner rpm range is around 8500 rpm. 149 kv @ 6s only yields 3308 rpm.

(kv)(voltage) = rpm

@LucidLunacy so my best bet would be the G160? EDIT: Just FYI, I don’t mind it not being the most efficient. I’m gonna have a 2:1 gear reduction, so I think the 149kv motor would be better for that, seeing as with the 245kv motor I’d probably be better off with a 2.5-3:1 gear reduction.

lower kv = more amp draw. More amps = more heat. Heat kills electronics.

@LucidLunacy Yeah I understand that, but with a gear ratio of 2:1, which one would be better? My initial choice was the 245kv sk3, but i can’t find that anywhere.

my pocket book doesn’t like unnecessarily replacing parts, and i don’t like being limited to a top speed of 10 mph, assuming your going with the common 83mm urethanes

@LucidLunacy huh? I indeed would prefer to not need to buy other gears, but if its the only solution, I guess new gears would have to happen. I use 70mm wheels, and according to the calculator linked below, i should be able to go 21km/h(13mph).

Even though I am 110KG, would a 2:1 gear reduction be fine for the 245kv g160?

245kv @ 9s with 83mm wheels and 12T:36T pulleys will put you at 8150 rpm, 22mph top speed, and a 3:1 reduction which is plenty of torque.

@LucidLunacy As said I’d prefer to use the gears I have currently, which are 15T:30T gears, is there no solution involving those? Would I really have to buy new gears? Would you happen to know a shop in Europe that sells pulleys?