Trampa truck steering dampening

don’t give up, try, try, try again… could be next level stuff, the purists will hate it because it works!

1 Like

The only hard part I think is mounting it because it will need 90º mounting bracket

what does your damper look like?

I am thinking of buying this honda cbr https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CBR-1000-RR-2009-STEERING-DAMPER-BREAKING-PARTS-OE/232565721093?hash=item3625ff4805:g:Cw8AAOSw~epZiXGQ

I am scared that it will be way bigger than trampa truck itself :smiley:

what is your object? make a cool one for you or make a product?

Now just make it work, but if it works maybe machine top part from nice single peace aluminium and already with mounting bracket for the truck.

might be better off using a stock 2017 cost effective part, could be hard for numbers of other people to use what you learn. can’t wait to see what weight oils and valving you use to make it work.

Ahm, you don’t need anything much that stuff is everything inside. It has solenoid valve (2 pin connector) you control solenoid and it control how stiff it is

the speed the valve works controls oil flow, but also oil weight controls how fast it moves chamber to chamber… I don’t know digital but analog shocks and dampers I have used and tuned.

I don’t really know much about this stuff, but as far as much I have done research I found similar stuff idea

I’ve thought about using small RC ball joints to mount dampener from truck to board (seeing as there will be a lot of motion)

Trampa trucks aren’t made for speed. And anti wobble tech…should be all y’all practicing on slacklines and training them ankles…

Just saying, if your wobbling your skating out of your skill. Go ride an analog board down a hill, and learn to skate. Oh wait I already said trampa trucks aren’t made for speed. So, ya know, don’t use trampa trucks lol. Use a truck designed for the application…

2 Likes

Yeah yeah, longboards were never intended to be propelled by electric motors…

Doesn’t mean you should rely on engineering to self correct the board. Self correcting board but your body doesn’t follow.

These are boards that are ridden by a sense of balance. Yea its great we have motors. But take away the feeling of the road and the sensation of balance and pressure of your feet and you have a plank of death. Just saying. Go ahead make some anti wobble tech vs taking the time to learn to skate and being able to let your ankles control the board.

The issue with wobbles is the board controls your ankles because your ankles are weak. Adding some fancy tech will just make that worse if you still have no ankle control skill/strength. Your just asking to street your face.

You want a solution, buy a slackline. Use it.

While I really like what @Kug3lis is trying to achieve here as I’m a tech head myself, I do feel @Deckoz has a good point.

Good, quality trucks with appropriate bushings can solve bigger part of the problem. I did skate a little in my early years but only casually. So the transition to esk8 wasn’t that odd…the bigger challenge imho are the higher speeds and the stance to control the board. That was new to me; riding 10 km/h on skate wheels VS 25km/h over mixed roads. I’ve found out that @okp’s kind of snowboard stance is the best for daily commute; I just need to be ready when shit happens because on the road it usually does from time to time. He rides hard with trampa trucks but doesn’t seem to mind the wobbles? :upside_down:

1 Like

No you did not understand… :smiley: The problem is that sometimes I want for e.g. really flexiable board for low speed carving and etc, then you go higher speeds the really flexible is really pain in the ass and nothing can help you for this not even your hardcore ankles.

This stiffener it just limits how fast it can move that’s all it does not help nothing with steering

1 Like

Plus this kind of stuff is also amazing

I ride a flex 4 vanguard up to 40mph. Its a noodle. But its all ankles dude.

I understood perfectly. I’ll say it again, trampa trucks aren’t designed for speed. And there’s no replacement for ankles. And as @Crossfire said there’s also no replacement for a proper truck setup. Trucks setup wrong just enhance the problem.

Springs don’t and never will behave like urethane bushings on a kingpin. The throw of the springs and dampas are not linear in compression like a urethane bushing at the proper duro. And the return to center is just straight up whack.

@Deckoz

Thing about mountainboards though with the straps and all, is you can’t get into a tuck like you can on your vanguard. Much nicer feel at speeds with tight trucks, at least on the rear.