TRAMPA Street & Urban Carver (WHATCHA THINK?) YAY OR NAY

I think thats too big even for me hahah

2 Likes

@cmatson - It’s mostly difficult with making a universal mount for mounting w/ the hanger in the “street carver” position and the “urban carver position” since they’re flipped and I’d like a one mount fits all but doubt it.

Same truck on both setups but street carver has the “nice” looking side and the urban carver has the backside of the hanger… it’s flipped.

The photo above is the first prototype. I think Kaly has just the motor mount. I actually enjoy the support bar + support bracket with the motor mount to provide extra durability and so it’s rock solid.

I definitely like the idea of the street/urban carver though. Literally, the hills out here now (since I moved to TX) are mostly grass hills at parks and less actual “uphill” riding like in SF. So finding a hilly area is hard out here - gotta go pneumatics :slight_smile: and climb the grassy areas.

But yeah, can’t wait to ride it… and the Trampa MTB Setup.

@barajabali - lol I know… I was thinking about it like uh… 37V 32,500mah hahah… on a longboard that’s something like 74 miles range. I suppose you can put that on a street carver…leg’s would fall off before I finished the pack.

3 Likes

ya, seems like you’d need to design an upside-down “T” shape so it would be reversible.

This was the hanger shape I used for my mounts, so you’d almost have to just overlay on on top the other so it can work from either directions.

Hi, we have two brackets and two carbon panels for the Trampa carver. The two different brackets are used for the two different mounting positions of the hanger (SC and UC bracket = Street Carve and Urban Carve) BOTH CARBON PANELS FIT BOTH BRACKETS! One carbon panel is short the other one longer. You can use the long panel for the interchangeable street and urban setup, while the short one only fits the street setup. Its like Lego… You can easily keep the hanger in the Urban Carve position when using 90mm wheels. The only issue is less ground clearance. It really depends on your terrain.

Frank

@Trampa thanks for clarification Frank. I figured you could use it the same.

Forgot to say that: We have moulds being made for a pneumatic 6" tire. It will fit the Hypa and Superstar hubs. Low profile high PSI, low roll resistance technology. The solid 5" PU tire will also fit our hubs. In future you can ride 83mm, 90mm, 125mm PU + 6" and 7" pneumatic tires. We will offer some more different tire treads for the 7" range this year.

So the Trampa Carver will have tons of wheel options coming up!

Frank

9 Likes

@Trampa awesome… :slight_smile: Can’t wait…!

“Solid 5” is what happened to me just after reading all the new tire options you just listed… :blush:

1 Like

Yay yay yay yay!!!:joy:

I just can’t wait for some urban carver mounts!!

Frank, where are my set of these bad boys??

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/b/d/bd55e208dc1bbd19dec64ab8d98c4d0d177c0e51.JPG

1 Like

8 Likes

Yes! I was asking the same question! There has not been much info lately about these ‘‘wheels’’

I just found a complete longboard on amazon with 130mm rubber wheels for 60€ they are not urethane but still…

1 Like

@trampa !!! this is great news! To date there is a real need for 5" and 6" options! Any idea how soon they’ll be available?

We currently make the moulds. Things don’t happen over night, especially if you want to assure the best quality possible. We just made some protos in ultra high rebound 74a. Very prommissing… Using the same hub its your choice: 5"PU, 6" Pneumatic or 7" Pneumatic. The Hanger always stays in Urban Carve position.

We will soon come up with this radical design. Its the ultimate machine under your feet.

You will be able to upgrade our current Carvers. Please don’t send us any requests for this Product. We will make it available ASAP and will get back to you.

Frank

40 Likes

@trampa WAIT! WAIT!.. OMG!

Looks great can’t wait :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That board, the wheels. ohh myy god!

1 Like

This looks amazing, it something like it that I plan to build in the future

Hallo,

we hebben eerder contact gehad kun je mij helpen met het aansluiten van the new vesc-x.

Kunnen we een afspraak maken in Leeuwarden.

Mag ik jou email adres ik kan thuis niet op het forum komen alleen in de bibliotheek.

groet van Ype