Trampa Street Carve NYC Style

Exaclty, but if the radius is too small, you have to use more energy to bend the belt

Got the exact same pack but doing generally 20 - 22 km with a full charge ! And i am not a "power saving " guy , always full throttle, lots lots of hills where I live ( but nothing too steep ). I weight arount 85 kg and i got one single 55 motor

@ElskerShadow What wheels? We are talking here about 7inch pneumatics

Im not saying my estimates are way correct. Just tried to predict at where it might be. I personally havent got less than 17wh/km with 2.5bar pumped 9inch a bit wobbly (shamelessly) tires.

And im not even going 25-30kph all the time… average usually is around 15-17kph now (if i can believe gps app + wattmeter)

Vesc app (vesc itself) would be best for precise data logging. Too bad there’s not much info about mountainboard energy consumtion.

All I know is this:

@Nowind got something like 40Wh / km but by going really wild and perhaps even 4wd setup(?)

@NerijusM quoted smth like 22 wh/km for dual drive vesc setup (8inch wheels, i think)

@mountainboardlover69 got 22-27wh/km for his huge tired brushed motor lead acid batt board

@whitepony qouted smth like 15wh/km for older gen (not gt) AT setup with hard pumped tires.

@lowGuido seems to get about 11wh/km for his 5inch narrow non-pneumatic setup

2 Likes

@Kaly. Hey bro i wanted to know if you aren’t using a BMS on your street carvers how do you charge them? Can you post a link on what power source or charger you use?

Hi I use a 60A bms and charger Here

http://www.batterysupports.com/432v-44v-504v-4a-lithium-ion-lipo-battery-charger-12s-12x-36v-p-167.html

http://www.batterysupports.com/44v-48v-504v-12s-60a-12x-36v-lithium-ion-lipolymer-battery-bms-p-270.html

1 Like

A message from Trampa: Hi Halifax21, the MBS wheels turn out to destroy the trucks. The vibrations they cause crack the aluminium. The Urethane seams to have poor dampening (low rebound), which, in combination with the wheels profile, kills the hangers.

I’m not sure if this is the case, I’ve used MBS wheels on 3 of my builds with no issues whatsoever, on the other hand you might take this with a grain of salt as MBS is direct competition of Trampa

I’m checking with @Kaly as well to see if this has validity, cause Abec11’s are out of stock

tbh, Im thinking the same thing about these wheels. worse on roads compared to normal wheels, useless off the streets anyway, since these urethane pimples dont do anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

they give a cool tanky look, but thats about it! same opinion about the new @onloop x-terrain hub urethane.

2 Likes

Well they look pretty damn cool and they work similar than any other 80A Wheels but with added benefit as the tanky look, besides they are pretty cheap compared to the overpriced USD 110 of the Abec 11

Hey man thanks for sharing this. Next time try not to copy the exaxt response since it was meant as a private message to you. You may report the info in like this: trampa suggests blablabla… We are lucky vendors like frank are giving us such detailed suggestions, lets try not to loose this benefit.

3 Likes

Noted, 10char

1 Like

Useless? I have genuine Abecs 97mm 75a flywheels and 100mm MBS wheels, I prefer the latter. My only gripe is the weight

1 Like

I’m thinking that if the nubs on the MBS AT wheels causes a problem with the truck, I might as well shave off the numbs, keeping the curve of the wheel in the process. Now i have to find a lathe or DIY a lathe.

Now they shouldn’t be useless.

I don’t think the nubs or the wheels are the issue…

@longhairedboy @E-Boarding your thoughts?

Hi everyone

There has been a development with the combination of the MBS wheels and the Vertigo truck.

The hanger develop a fatigue fracture, Currently i am evaluating the cause and the multiple factors that are acting on this fracture.

Normally the fractures or failures due to material fatigue are a combination of multiple factors and not an easy task to determine the main contributing factor. In most of the cases is a CHICKEN AND EGG type of problem combination.

On a sweet and sour LUCKY break, my other board after inspecting it, i found that is developing a similar fracture on the exact location and the same angle of fracture of the broken one. With this at least i will be able to monitor and evaluate what is the mechanism for this fracture.

For now just one thing is clear, the combination of MBS wheels, vertigo trucks and New York City streets is not a good one.

i’ll keep you guys update as things develop. For now Pneumatics Baby :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

8 Likes

Questions: Where is the fracture occuring? Do you think it’s limited to the vertigo trucks? - I’m running the fully body/non cutout Infinity Is it affecting both hanger on the board or only on end of the board.

Kaly are you talking about the "Street Carver …(Vertigo) - hollow shaft edition Trucks ??

Can you post a pic ?

This should make it’s way to a new thread.

Damn, that’s pretty messed up!

I really want to use MBS wheels but this is making me feel uneasy. Is there any way to avoid this by reinforcing the area of the truck where it usually fractures?

@halifax21 do you have a picture of your fractured truck?