Trampa setup/Urban AT carver/12s/dual TB esc's/custom mounts/

No problem, glad I could help.

Hi cmatson, can you still tilt the board to the max? Your mounts look a bit to high. Regarding the pulley width: A 15mm belt requires a 20- 21mm wide pully, since the belt will swim a bit sideways. Best way forward regarding the pulley is a long axle shaft. With your machine you should be able to mill the flat spots at the very end, where the motor can interlocks with the axle shaft. I would use a support bearing to protect motor bearing from wearing out.

Frank

1 Like

Just measured the usable shaft space (circlip) and it is 24.85mm.

1 Like

Will be finishing the whole thing up tomorrow! Still need to pick up some waterproof boxes similar to @barajabali’s.

I went ahead and wired it up, and everything is working, but don’t want to show anything else until it is actually finished!

7 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLEZjrvBAjc/

3 Likes

definitely the most fun board thus far, and am dying to finish it!!

nothing beats shooting through dirt, grass, and crap sidewalks without giving two flips.

Kinda wishing I had footbindings at some points (I’ve slipped off it a few times when the backend has gone out on loose dirt/thin grass), but nothing beats just being able to hop on it and carve like a normal board.

The biggest shout out goes to @barajabali for helping me out the most throughout this build, and you can bet his sticker is going front and center when I finish those waterproof boxes!

3 Likes

My pleasure man this board is a monster! I was gonna let you know that bindings would make a world of a difference.

If you’ve want the “get on and go” just get foot straps no heel straps. I think heel straps are great for complete off-road.

6 Likes

Very nice! I also just got eMTB from Trampa. Look very beautiful and I am gona make a new thread for it!

1 Like

Hi @cmatson any updates on your urban carver…any pics with the enclosures?

How does the trampa board iand trucks compare to your previous longboard builds?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Currently it’s taken on the same form- no enclosures yet, but I may try and pick some up this Thanksgiving break.

Haha only addition has been lights!

Thanks for the update @cmatson. Nice lights and hope the enclosure work goes well.

Would be interesting too see if anyone ever gets to mount under the trampa board where there is more room with the 7" wheels (if you are not off roading) though appreciate maybe tricky.

I’m eyeing up the urban carver board/ trucks and 7" wheels but more for relaxed cruising and carving on my local town streets and cycle paths. Particularly like all the options with spings and dampners.

Do you think this board could work similar to a typical flexible longboard i.e. boosted or bamboo gt…or is it more focused as a sports mountain board.? I’m not interested in extreme off road or tight cornering…maybe if I was a bit younger :smile:

I think it’s perfect for a city cruiser- the 7inch street tires allow you to get over those cracks that would possibly lead to a fall on a street board, and it is plenty stable.

Infact, I’d say 90% of my riding thus far has been on the road, and I rarely take it onto trails like some of the other guys with mountain boards.

For me, this is the perfect all around board to conquer everything, in a form factor that isn’t crazy like a maxed out @barajabali build with foot straps, huge battery, etc etc.

2 Likes

Its also my prefered board. I have all the options… Nothing beats the Urban Carve when you are looking for an allrounder. Small, turns on a dime, stable at speed, trail capable and pot holes don’t matter. You will love it even more having bindings. They fit! Especially on trails it makes all the difference. This a street Carve with bindings. Designed for insane downhill action…

Frank

3 Likes

May have to just pick up some foot straps for kicks… I do like the ability to just hop on the board without having to lock in, so I may just go with a simple style of bindings.

We’ll see how I feel after riding around on the beach next time I can get out there

@cmatson

Hi! So have you upgraded your board with the bindings? If you did… did you notice the difference?

I got a debate with a friend of mine are bindings needed in a city landscape… and I just tried to convince him that with bindings it is more comfortable and enjoyable to handle the jumps and other instability you may encounter on the road…

So yeah, he has not tried a board with bindings and he is afraid that if he falls that he might be too strapped into the board to just run out the accident (if a complete stop happens)…

Hard to convince him :smiley: though I said it would be hard to travel through many potholes or in a forest - hard packed trail if there are any bumps and you have to stand on your board the whole time… (without jumping off and just running off the speed)

I haven’t added bindings, and don’t mind it at all- that said, I’ve never ridden a true mountain board with bindings, and this is Trampa’s urban carver.

To me, this is kinda like an evolve GT- not full offroad, but the pneumatics allow you to do a little off the normal routine rides, and eliminate cracks that plague normal wheels.

1 Like

Fun ride on Christmas Day!

4 Likes

“I’m on your backside” :joy: