Trampa build need help

Did you upload the bootloader? Read the sticky threads on the vesc-project forum.

Frank

Thanks frank I got the boot loader installed and firmware updated. Now one of the motors detects the hall sensor and works great but the second motor or vesc fails hall detection. Any ideas ?

1 Like

change phase wire combination, if the motor spins in the wrong direction but detect the sensor you can click “Invert motor direction” in VESC-Tool (I think it’s called like this or similar). I had this with one trampa motor.

Thanks for the suggestion but I switched two phase wires and it still failed twice

There are 6 possible phase wire combinations :wink: If you find a way it works I would do detection again without belts (I know many screws…). The wobble of your pulley (or hub) in the video above looks really bad! Are all screws tightened? You should fix that.

Hi, I am having the same issue with my Trampa motors. The Keyway clicks and the grub screw always comes loose. Nothing works (glue, loctite, etc.). The only option I have left is to grind the motor shafts to a flat spot,but I really don’t want to do that. Did you end up doing that to your Trampa motors?

On my Trampa motors I put thread locker on the shaft and key, too. It holds but you’ll need heat to remove it (e.g. blow torch). I would modify the key as I described in your thread. No clicking = no problem.

Thanks Rich. Yes, I am in Singapore on a work trip at the moment, but when I get home, I plan to implement your changes. I guess I will try those and if the problem persists, my last option will be to dremel the shaft down.

1 Like

@ripcurldog use Loctite 680 don’t ever use grub screws and keyways again. To remove them use this approach

2 Likes

Hi Trampa, desperately need help with the Urban Carver electric set up. I’ve got to the point where I have connected the VESC with the motor, but it will not sense it properly - I have tried adjusting the parameters I, D and W, I have also set D to 0 as I have seen a previous post on ESk