TorqueBoards Nano Remote - Throttle Fix?

yea…basically the only reason i say spring flick to let it recenter is it allows the spring to naturally center. once it naturally centers, pull the bind pin and it sets the failsafe.

you should have self healing(recovery) of failsafe which wont require rebooting the board to rebind like autobind requires as well

omg if this works, Imma love you.

1 Like

So basically you just do the similar binding/failsafe procedure as you would normally do on v1. FFS, why haven’t I tried that before :slight_smile: Hope it works! Thanks so much!

Yes basically its the manual bind procedure.

Fixes range to be 400ish ft vs 35 Fixes failsafe self healing Fixes drop outs Fixes needing to reboot the board when turning the remote off but not power cycling the board And it sets the true failsafe ppm value for your specific throttle actuators natural spring resting place

Make sure to set your ppm center points and endpoints too Ie hold full throttle set ppm max to the value the vesc is reading, same for center and full brake

1 Like

I might need these instructions in ELI5 format… :joy:

1 Like

@Veovis

Plug in bind plug(short the ground and signal wire on the receiver on the bind slot) Plug in board Receiver should be flashing red

Hold the pinky button on the remote(do not let go) Turn on the remote, continue to hold pinky button After a few moments the LEDs on both the receiver and remote turn solid, you can now release the pinky button

Not necessary but I like to pull the throttle back and swiftly let go allowing the spring to center the throttle. This allows a natural spring center. Once satisfied with the throttle in center dont touch any buttons or the throttle, pull the bind plug. Pulling the bind plug sets the failsafe ppm value.

Your now bound and can power off the remote and board. You can test failsafe by turning the remote off and back on with the board on, it should now self heal.

Before testing the failsafe centering. Go into the VESC on the PPM tab with Motor control disabled. The green bar at the bottom has a numerical output

-put the throttle on the remote to full - read the value on the green bar. Put that value in PPM max pulse width -put the throttle on the remote to full break - read the value on the green bar. Put that value in ppm Min pulse width -allow the throttle to center by spring, read the value on the green bar. Put that in ppm center

Write the configuration, re-enable motor control. Push the throttle to make the motors spin and turn the remote off while holding the throttle. The wheels should coast, not break or accelerate more. If they coast your failsafe center is set properly.

Is that good enough?

4 Likes

Just to confirm the bind slot is the first (top) row of pins right?

1 Like

Hmmm I’m not sure. My failsafe seems like it’s always been working, but my main concern was just fixing the throttle sensitivity and giving myself more range between stopped and full speed. I had tried adjusting the values in the PPM tab earlier this week but nothing really changed.

Yep top row of pins

@veovis once you do this it should fix it. Just always turn on the remote first then the board when you goto ride

@Deckoz @SORRENTINO

I don’t think this does anything. Or maybe I’m just doing something really wrong. Anyhow, made a video explaining the original issue and then trying manual binding fix, twice, without success. If you could take a look…

I dunno man. This is what fixed my remote that was ordered about 2 months ago. Maybe they’re different versions?

Worst case just turn in remote and move the throttle to full then full reverse then power on the board.

But that’s exactly the issue I’ve been hoping to fix :smiley: Anyhow, I don’t think binding procedure does anything for the remote or the failsafe. Also got the remote around 2 months ago.

Do you have to, perhaps, hold the button on the bottom near the power switch down while you turn on the remote?

Tried it both ways, it was in the video.

Ah sorry, I only watched up to after the first bind attempt

Yeah, also opened the remote hoping there would be a hidden binding switch but no.

Yea, it must be the fact that these things autobind… Even Enertion doesn’t have a solution for their remotes on this.

So damn annoying. It is simply unsafe to use it like this. If I forget, damn thing will throw me off the board on start or while braking. And if I forget about this while letting my wife or colleagues try the board, it could be even worse.

Definitely the biggest downside of the remote, but hey it’s a LOT better than v1 (winning) remote, where it’ll cutout randomly. The v2 has failed to cutout on me a single time so far.

Funny thing is I am actually using v1 instead of v2 because of this issue. I haven’t had any cutouts with either. Guess I was very lucky with my v1 sample.