TorqueBoards 218mm Truck Stability Tips

On the EVO 39 are you running the same front and back, bushing wise?

1 Like

yea, a bit tighter on the rear truck, im thinking the magnum boardside and barrel roadside since you confirmed chubby wont fit as well

That may not be enough to compensate for the angle differential. Can you run flat washers in front and cupped in the rear?

1 Like

yea i got 4 cupped and 4 flat so both cupped on the rear and cupped boarside on the front-flat roadside?

Try running the Sharp edge of the bushing towards the hanger both front and rear. This can eliminate a minute amount of bushing side shift before the bushing engages.

1 Like

i did, i double checked after getting into the bushings setup thread you started(very helpful btw) currently rolling with cupped washers all around

Can you tell me exactly what is in the trucks and if you have them wedged or dewedged from what the Evo makes the trucks? There should be a fairly big difference in durometer or shape to compensate for the Evo split

2 Likes

1\2 inch risers plus 2 tiny risers more (forgot i had those there bc i was running 83mm wheels= no clearance) and 4 87a barrels from venom. but like i mentioned b4 i was thinking bout getting the magnums and barrels plus the 96a pivot from riptide( pivot is making ugly noises)

i think i could remove the risers entirely now that i have these big tires.

1 Like

You definitely need to create more of a differential of resistance to compensate for the large split the Evo creates, if you choose to change bushings, keep the same duro as the Venom and use a KranK 87a Canon / Magnum setup, run the Magnums in back and the Canons up front. Picture shown is 90a KranK magnums mounted in a TB 21834

2 Likes

all right, will do that. do i keep the risers? now that i have 6.5 inch tires i think ill be fine without them

1 Like

If you don’t get wheel bite I would run without the risers. Should give a better ride.

1 Like

I’ve taken them off except for one 3mm rubber riser, idk why i felt like leaving it on lol. i’ve also ordered the magnums and canon bushings, will report back when i change them from the barrels \ barrels setup

1 Like

hello there, i have done what you suggested and man! what a change lol. so much better i can still turn while being stable at 30 to 35 mph, roads are very uneven so i kinda need tight rear truck (gave 1 and a half turn after i started to feel resistance on the kp nut for the magnums and 1 turn to the canons). 120-130 lbs i guess the 87a are considered hard bushings for my weight but i like the feel.

also, would you suggest using the beveled end of the magnums and canons to face the hanger? i currently have the magnums beveled side towards the hanger and the canons with the flat\sharp end towards the hanger. dont really know how that would affect the feel.

BIG THANKS @Alphamail

3 Likes

Does anyone know the shore measurement is of the bushings the tourqueboards trucks come with? I want to some double barrel bushings for mine that are a bit more firm, but don’t know the default bushing’s initial rating.

1 Like

They are right about 90a

1 Like

The Magnum really only fits with the beveled edge towards the bushing seat in the hanger, as for the Canon, either will work, there will be a slight difference in feel depending on the orientation of the bushings in the seat.

1 Like

I use 96A krank barrel on the rear and 93A krank barrel on the front 96A pivot cup riptide and 3dprinted stability key.

Board is super stable but its quite hard to do nice carving haha. I guess i went a bit to stiff cuz i was worried about those deadly speed wobbels…

Im 78kg and board is 10kg. Using tb 218mm trucks with 97mm wheels.

Any suggestions to improve turning but keep stability @Alphamail ? My max speed is around 28mph.

If you are using cupped washers in any of the positions, change them out for flats up front first until you get where you want to be. You might need to do the back also.

Im using only cupped washers at the moment. Will try flat washers and see if it solves the turning :slight_smile: Thanks

1 Like