The Yin Yang | Arbor Axis Bamboo | Caliber II's | Psychotiller's Psycho60 & Psycho66 Motor Mounts | Dual Tacon BF 160's 6364 | Dual Ollin Board Co. VESC's with Heatsinks | 8s 10Ah & 8s 7.2Ah | 83mm Flywheel Clones | 36:16 Gear Ratio

Hey @claudiofiore88, I have one of the 66mm mounts and it clears the kingpin when rear mounted.

1 Like

@psychotiller was nice enough to send me a 66mm motor mount bracket to allow me to mount one of the motors in reverse along with a 60 mm bracket in a matching glossy finish. Talk about great customer service. I did a quick mock up. I don’t know about you, but this looks pretty f***ing cool to me. :sunglasses: Hopefully I don’t have clearance issues since I’m hoping to have this setup as a drop through.

3 Likes

That does look surprisingly cool. That things gonna be a beast!

1 Like

You got them already? That was fast! Looks cool too!

1 Like

God bless that torque :smiley:

1 Like

If you reverse they king pin you’ll have an even cleaner looking setup!

Sorry for my ignorance, but I’m not sure what you mean by reverse the kingpin.

You put the nut off your kingpin under your base plate and thread the kingpin back down through your hanger and bushings. The opposite of how it is now.

@claudiofiore88 sometime the kingpin is stuck in there…like its part of the base plate…go knock it out with a mallet

i would weld an axle entenders or just get me one massive mountainboard trucks . place it all in front wheel drive config and manual foot brake on rear wheel .

2 Likes

Wooooow. This stuff is soooo cool and nice idea mate.

theres tonnes of ideas over @ Youtube , endless sphere and here eSk8 . theres also another manual braking system that lifts the rear wheels off the ground . not entirely ; just for braking . could not find it now . too sleepy .

1 Like

I’ve just ordered two 6374s that i’m thinking to mount “yin yang” style, coincidentally i also have arbor axis board. Did you manage to get it working with drop throughs?

You would need cut the tail shorter to allow the reverse mounted motor to have an acceptable ground clearance. I’m not sure if that would compromise the boards structural integrity. I remember one user doing this without problems. I just can’t remember who.

This is the build thread by @Randyc1. Keep in mind, the reverse mount would need to have at least a 66mm center to center in order to fit a 63mm motor.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/1st-eskate-build-drop-through-6364-outboard/2986

I think I am late to the party but they are so close! It looks like you could grind off a bit of the shaft on the motor with a dremel and make it fit. I ended up doing just that on my dual rear build.

Oh, I see what you did on your build. It was really too close for comfort. If I were to build another dual rear Tacon 160’s board, I’d go with @psychotiller’s new mounts for randal 195mm clones.

1 Like

Look what I just got in the mail. Thanks @chaka for the outstanding quality in your vescs. I bet I still wouldn’t have my vescs from Enertion if I hadn’t cancelled.

Update ? Hopefully you’ve been too busy riding to keep us in the loop.

@Jebe I think @claudiofiore88 jumped out of the game for the moment

1 Like