The Skaters Eskate (strength through simplicity)

Use a foam seal.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YQAH50I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You measure the curvature of the board by measuring the width, then laying a hard straight edge across the sides and measure down from that. You will get 1/2in, 3/8in, 5/16in, something like that. Its then easy to match that concave in on the enclosure. At least it is with ABS & other plastics or when making a mold.

1 Like

I did, but I was off by a millimeter. :mask: I’ll look into those stripping to kludge my setup. :flying_saucer:

Rain stopped, I rode it…

Omfg…

Ok the combo of hybrid deck with longboard trucks was a risky move I will admit…but done right, wow. The 44 degree or lower trucks with such a short wheelbase is required because it’s so damn maneuverable, you can flip a bitch within 6 feet but when the 12cell hits damn that short base.better be stable…I got no wobbles and hit 20 and also turned on a dime, hit a few angled curbs and it works like a charm…

4 Likes

5 Likes

Really like how simple this build is :+1: I want to see how those multi star batteries hold up long term.

The batteries are more powerful than I thought, I need to do a distance run and really see how much further 12cell goes over my old 10cell setups…this thing is a joy to ride though! I simply love it…I finally was able to get it out and stretch the legs in some sunshine and the more I ride it the more I like it…I’ll cycle the batteries and fire up strava for a run here soon…I’m loving the functionality of the kicktails, I find myself using them a lot more than I thought, it works perfectly…

3 Likes

Those wheels though… Been thinking I’m going to do a small commuter board ‘skater style’. I have a cab 1 re-issue deck, and most needed parts. I think I’m gonna try and mount a motor to some indy 215’s or some polar bear 180’s with an Aps mount. The wheels were bothering me the most. Wanted to keep it sub 75mm. You find that gearing to be sufficient? Great build BTW. Love the concept and simplicity.

1 Like

Would really like to know the height of your enclosure. Is the ground clearance good?

@Lionpuncher Indy 215’s would be sick, I have been looking for a mount for those myself, be sure to report back what you find out. The wheels are the best part of this build, the whole thing is sort of built around using those particular wheels after I saw someone else use them for a penny style setup somewhere around here. the gearing allows for tons of torque obviously, the smaller the wheel the more low end pull your setup will have. Of course top speed suffers, but even with these 44 degree trucks, the short wheel base of any skater type setup will keep you below 25mph just because it feels scary as hell to go any faster on such a short nimble deck. Using tkp like indy 215’s in a setup like this is a great idea, but the tendency for tkp to wobble at anything over 20mph is dangerous, so the small wheels lend to the equation, turning that power into lower speed torque, which is more ideal for cough cough, transition riding or skateparks where you will be at a slower speed, but want power on demand when you need it…

The next step is for someone here to create me an enclosure for lipos that you can slide on, tough enough to protect lipos from impact and destruction but slick enough to board slide on…who’s it gonna be?

1 Like

My man @squishy654 how are those akasha wheels?

I picked up a set of 80mm 83a HarFang otangs, but was considering the akasha’s. Was a bit taken back as they are inset.

• how is pulley fitment with the rear of the wheel being deeper?
  • if you have kegels on hand, how much farther in on the truck does the inset put them comparatively?
  • 79a are they soft and squishy or harder then the 80a otangs?

Thanks doood.

I’m on the hunt for this too :slight_smile:

Just mill into the deck so the battery’s are half sunk in, and use some slide rails… Like ripbones…

1 Like

Looks like they quickly went out of stock after my build went up, but Muirskate offers a “cut” version of the wheel making it a center-set…this is the version I used and it allowed more room for the pulley and a smaller wheel over all…

they are similar in duro feel to the kegal, just stone ground so it’s hard to compare them, they thane rolls nice and fast, I like them on the electric…

2 Likes

Gotcha I was looking at the original uncut akasha’s with 57mm contact patch on

https://www.thanestore.com/collections/longboard-downhill-wheels/products/ahmyo-akasha

For as cheap as they are I may just pick up a set to see.

Thanks dood

1 Like

yeah I would, they are totally worth a try…just watch out for rocks if you got complacent on larger wheels, lol

3 Likes

Lol still DH with 64mm’s at high speeds. But I’ll keep my eye out :wink:

1 Like

Looks like @BoostedBuilder bought the rest of the wheels lol.

2 Likes

. 20000mah @8s Lipo T-6 aluminum with one inch of drop from the bottom of the deck… 660 watt hr. You can slide on that.

8 Likes

ahaha got them directly from Ahmyo! they are some really nice wheels : )

1 Like

Cool. Good to know! When the time comes, i shall investigate purchasing from them.