The Racers Room

Can’t get any more true then this. Problem is the development. Big dollar start up big risk. Get enough people who need it, it will happen. Too much to soon for now. JMO

1 Like

You took those rubbers to the edge so glad I got to meet you guys makes for good friends with a common goal to have some fun

2 Likes

Had great time I think next time I will try to help you more with set up and camera work you did a great job there at performance day

4 Likes

That would be great. Always open to some extra hands.

1 Like

This thread is sick, I’ve dreamt of it long time. Reminds me of skate bombing events like in NYC. Can’t wait to see e-races pop up… Want to bring it to EU! Actually street e-races would be sick though potentially dangerous. Stay safe.

1 Like

I cant tell really what that wheels is. It looks like a nitrile or butyl tire which would’ve had air in it but instead just a big solid core here. It’s pretty much a hub motor tire. I have similar I sell but without a tread. (the tread looks nice). Maybe you could do a thin air layer in the wheel to give it more rebound for more miles and would likely give better grip as well. but regardless when they go fast, especially if they get hot and soft, if they’re too soft they will expand and fly off. You could pour them with a thin harder core so you don’t have that risk or make them harder. or just glue them on permanently. that’s all I can think to write. looks good.

1 Like

Is anybody else out there in Esk8 land thinking about planning an event like the SPD event @NummThumz and our SoCal group did. What he has done is standardized a few measurable events and SPD has set the bar for the rest of the country. So here is how it works. Our SPD group has the fastest boards recorded in the country, Period. Get organized Regionally. Get ahold of @NummThumz and get the details of what he did. If we get enough regions holding speed trials we can eventually hold national events for setting national records. I want to see the 1% grow. You can ask anyone who participated at SPD and they will say it was their funnest day esk8skating ever.:checkered_flag:

4 Likes

In the near future, I’ll be posting videos of each event from Performance Day. When I post those, I’ll include info about the equipment that we used (e.g. Radar gun) and the way we measured the course. That should give anyone the opportunity to reproduce similar conditions and have a similar event. I’ll be using the esk8tests.com website to keep track of the top times and speeds, who set the record, and what type of board they were using. This is your chance to show who has the fastest board on the planet. But for right now, as Moe mentioned, So Cal is standing on top! Come get us :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@MoeStooge did you use a neutral adhesive on there like shoe goo or?

huge balls and gravity is my glue. Oh yeah I can fly too.

4 Likes

lol, no doubt you Stooge

I was more thinking to stop you rolling them off in the corners, you know lateral loads/ sheer forces…

2 Likes

Video pending on lateral forces. I have found a wheel guy I’m working with on developing a rubber sleeve hybrid skate wheel for railing corners. Should be testing these in a week or two. May be a game changer for esk8 road racing.:checkered_flag:

2 Likes

I still think 20mile+ group rides are more fun. Really separates the seeds from the chaff. No sense comparing bottle rockets to cruise missiles if you are only gauging the first few inches after ignition.

6 Likes

Awesome, what size are you going for?

Gonna be testing a 3"tallx2.75"wide urethane longboard wheel modified with a rubber cap. If this works we will be able to offer different compounds sizes and tread patterns.

1 Like

Cool, are you going to do some destruction testing of some kind in a static jig or just go for it WOT big balls to the wall? :joy:

Might make cool video…

can we see the wheel you’re planning? or tell us more about how you plan to make it

I will post pics and feedback when the test model is made . Could be cool could be a complete failure. I am hopeful.

Our rides mixed with asphallt, packed dirt, gravel, rocks and grass are pretty epic too! It’s nice to mix everything up and never slow down!

2 Likes

Set up a long distance event and document it on video. What will it be? Fastest time for 20 mile distance? Longest distance on a single charge? I think to be fair, you would need to make sure the route started and ended at the same elevation and didn’t exceed more than 100ft in elevation +/-

Happy to document other records like this on the website. These metrics will only be as good as the community makes them.

1 Like