The Racers Room

You need bigger knees.

1 Like

At my weight Id need over 1200 whr for the change in altitude alone. We are talking a 10S18P battery lol.

1 Like

A race down pikes peak is more my style hahaha

When you get tired of short bursts of speed maby it will be time for the noisy world of inrunners and gear drives. I can hear those 4 Spurs singing a half mile away.

1 Like

Ive actually got a dual 80mm trampa build with No winds E-toxx kit in the plannjng stages. Noisy builds are not my thing though. The thought of passing your noisy board with my dead silent FOC 4wd hub board in a drag race has me smiling already :grin:

Staying in a tuck for 12 miles is what will make or break it on the Pikes Peak run. It is going to be brutal, glad I have been training but it is still going to hurt.

2 Likes

We gotta nail a date down on this so I can schedule and time manage.

1 Like

Hey, everyone should have a dream

1 Like

I was thinking we would post dashcam footage. A sort of time trial?

2 Likes

I’m gonna go pro on the back of the board so I can watch the huff n puff on replay

2 Likes

:joy::joy: or I need to do more squats.

Time trials. That’s something i definitely want to do on these bike paths around here. Timed races are the safest, but head to head is probably more fun to watch.

4 Likes

Been sailing up in the San Juan Islands. Had to take the dingy out from the cove in Stuart Island to get cell service so I could order parts for the Southern California Performance Day. This is the beginning of bigger stuff to come. Throw your best tune in your skate and come run it. I guarantee we will all learn from this and will start setting cornerstones for the future of esk8 racing.

4 Likes

Wow! Not a bad way to spend your day!

@MoeStooge I’ve been thinking about your suggestion to connect with downhill race promoters about insurance for races. I wonder if there is a possibility to tag an esk8 race onto a downhill event (maybe the Catalina Classic)? Do a race of 2 laps up and down the course. The course is already there. There is a built in crowd already. I bet we would convert some of the downhill guys once they see these boards ripping the course uphill. Plus if the insurance is paid for already the cost would be minimal.

That’s a great idea. We need to make a good competitive group first because good first impressions are usually a one shot.

3 Likes

Or how bout getting 5 good boards ready. Approach the promoter and invite some pro’s that are competing to ride our builds in a uphill or parking lot celebrity exhibition. That would be a win for the promoter and spectators. It would also help put esk8 racing in more of a legitimate light. I can make an esk8 go fast but I’m not very pretty doing it. This may be a good way to get the racing ball rolling without making it a shit show.

1 Like

I like it! Plus the fans would be more interested in seeing names that they know race uphill.

@NummThumz thanks for putting the Socal Performance Day (SPD) together, running it in the hot sun, and providing cool drinks. What a day. Hats off to the @BigBoyToys and crew for feeding everybody and taking the day overall, congrats. Thanks also to @psychotiller for talking me into running his 6" pneumatic tire board. Railing corners and controlling your slide from the Apex out with the throttle is something very few people have experienced on an esk8 board. It’s way funner than going fast and straight and for me is a game changer for my mindset of how a wheel and it’s contact patch needs to be completely re engineered and changed. More to come on this. Thanks to everyone who competed and we need to get the box Stockers bringing it to the next SPD.:checkered_flag::metal:

3 Likes

A quick on safety gear. How much is a patch of skin or dying from a bleeding brain worth to you. A skateboard helmet on today and I would been concussed or worse. Not a scratch. Leathers are cheaper then skin. A good helmet will save your life.

5 Likes