The Racers Room

U don’t have to tell me about this trampa setup. I got catapulted into the street head first at 30mph first time without helmet. Got 15 stiches in my head broken elbow road rash on my face and everywhere else. Second time with a helmet and only got a concussion lol. These flexy decks with added boucy pnuematics real unstable at high speeds.

I feel so comfortable going 40mph on my stiff bustin deck with 97mm abec 11. Wish I could go 50!

My trampa does do almost 50 but I’ll never take it past 35mph. Trying to add that stabilizer and we’ll c if it helps.

1 Like

Maybe but not sure how I would do that

True story bro my bustin is Rock solid 8ply maple. Amazing stable.

I have been thinking of producing a hollow core mtboard for street use and high speed offroad racing. Integrated bash plates/access hatches would look sweet!

2 Likes

Removable stringers. Oh yeah it happened right here with the Racers.

WOW take my money!!

1 Like

I don’t think theres anybody on this forum who has had this said to them so often as @chaka , haha.

The best part of making your own parts in house is how easy it is to make custom designs or try new things.

3 Likes

And most importantly for speed and stability, figure out a way to take the rear steer angle outta your trampa truck. Basically remove all the the characteristics That make that thing fun to ride under 20 mph. I’d just use it for what it is and build a road rocket.

I hear this everyday! Finishing complete orders now and will have more time for new projects. I grew up around SCORE offroad racing so I am definitely drawn to the idea of flying over dirt roads at high speed!

@MoeStooge We could design the angle into the deck or use some wedges. I favor a custom deck since wedging can weaken the mounting fasteners if it is too extreme of an angle.

Here’s another idea, Escape from L.A. relay race! Los Angeles to Palm Springs! Winner buys the first round at Las Casuelas.

2 Likes

LA to palm springs would wear my ass out. We need to get the hub guys engaged on the Pikes Peak run. I don’t want to shame anyone into it, but I ain’t above it.:checkered_flag:

2 Likes

I’m headed up to CO in a couple of weeks for a DH event, not sure if I will make it to Pikes. Be cutting it close on time. When I hit that hill I will be sure to release an un-edited video. Mile markers will do a good job of calculating the the average speed in 1 mile segments.

3 Likes

I crewed the 500 race in Encinata for Team Mango trophy truck a couple of years ago. Goddam Desert Racers👍 good times.

2 Likes

We crewed for Beny Canela, my dad was his co-pilot for a time. Very good times!

1 Like

ill deff buy a dual motor version

I don’t know. I disagree with you and @Mikeomania12 assessment. Me and mike have the same set up so I’m hitting 35-40 almost on the daily. I can’t speak for the other flexy deck as I’ve had no long term hands on experienc with them, but Trampa’s strap, large wheels, flex and wider trucks are a really great combination against cracks and potholes here in the city.

On the other hand, although @longhairedboy board is great, his stiff deck had always taken a toll on my legs, especially knees.

Stability wise, I’ve had no issues with wobbling both on the flex or on the trucks. I think fundamentally, the straps are great for pushing and stabilizing the trucks. I don’t use it just for carving, I push both my foot toward both trucks when using the straps without tightening them so it really helps. I think Mike tighten the straps considerably for carving so he’s able to weave through traffic. He’s usually ahead of me when we’re riding in the city together. That and also because he’s more ballsy. But tightening the straps also limits feet movement and increase fatigueness in both foot while also limiting foot placement toward the center of the deck where the flex is the most severe.

Experience has taught me to loosen both straps but tight enough to do hard carving while giving me the ability to change foot position at a moments notice. I think every board has its good and bad, and with time I’ve really grown to like the Trampa mtb along my LHB board.

1 Like

Ill be the 1st to tell you my 4wd hub board will definately have a meltdown at pikes peak. Id be happy to come watch you all melt your builds too though. I know my board can handle short bursts of power (like a 10 second drag race) but Id have to tone the settings way way back if it was going to be expected climb for an extended period of time. My hub motors are only rated for 500w continous each. I might as well be racing a boosted board at that point lol.

1 Like

hahaha boosted board must never be mentioned in this room!!!

@Nate maybe you right im gonna start testing with looser straps

2 Likes

Pike’s will definitely be an endurance race. If you set up for speed, you aren’t going to make it. I’d be surprised if more than 1 board makes it to the top. It’s a mean climb. You need a setup that will at least keep you moving on the steepest pitches. Any more than that and you are going to be sitting on the side of the road looking for a lift.

Hang on. A stock class of only boosted boards would actually be an interesting race. A true driver’s race in that situation.