The Racers Room

So, when are you gonna start selling these BALListic trucks to the rest of us? They look so stable and precise. I really enjoyed that last video. And trying to wrap my head around how these work in your various configurations is kind of a delicious, mental, mechanical pretzel.

3 Likes

Mmmm pretezels.

2 Likes

I have some design refinements happening for belt setups, Hubbs will be a piece of cakeā€¦ CarVon setup isnā€™t gonna happen. When the belt drive thing gets done will post it up and put it out there. @psychotiller is the guinea pig on that prototype and will have Sixes hung on it if he can ever get me a set. He has these strange strict production stadards that doesnā€™t allow tears of child labor from forign countries touch his Sixes.

3 Likes
10 Likes

F#$k that boards fast

:checkered_flag: The Stooge for the W :checkered_flag:

Were you playing a bit there Bro? seemed like you used less throttle when you were in frontā€¦ saving tires maybe?

Did I spot some family in there briefly?

1 Like

Wife came along for the 32hr Colorado driveā€¦ Someday would like to see a pro level talent on thisā€¦

2 Likes

ā€œIn order to finish first you must first finish.ā€ Rick Mears

2 Likes

@MoeStooge do you have a build log for how u built ur current board? I like the stabilizers and frame u have

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/spur-gear-approach/24506. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/nkp-3-link-evolution-thread/47413

2 Likes

Are you planning on selling your stuff soon?

I was going to ask the sameā€¦ any plans for selling truck setups like yours?

A belt drive setup is in the works for the NKP. Got a few projects in front of setting up a production rigā€¦ Dam day job gets in the way sometimes as well. Time will tell. If I make a few extra sets I will post it on the forumā€¦

3 Likes

If you do decide to, please give me a heads up before hand and Iā€™ll set the cash aside for when you do, I really do like your truck setup

1 Like

The main Problem is that most eboard, using a vesc, could Output more power than it does! The vesc is so popular because it is costumizable and has a smooth acceleration/brake.

Well, if the People would decrease the pwm Limits they will gain a lot of power! go from 2 to 1.8 and feel the difference in acceleration!

Vesc is a great tool. I have a couple of FOC Boxes collecting dust for a cruiser project I would like to incorporate @hummies on my NKP 3-link. Would I use them for sustained 200a hill hammering at 30mph. I dont think it would last very long.

Evolve Drive system for 120mm race wheels.

9 Likes

On my R2 i do not Need 200A. You mean uphill? I dont even Need 50A per VESC for 35mph.

Edit: your apporach is completly different. lower voltage, higher amperage, higher reduction. i just want to share the Information, that the algorithm of the vesc smoothes everything out thus it is not made for racing with the normal settings

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure the Raptor 2 can break 30 miles an hour on flat level ground, maby tweaked some. On this hill pull I hit just under a hundred amps peak on each ESC avg speed was 32mph 128deg F was the esc temp motors were cool to the touch at the top of the hill.
The vesc isnā€™t there yet. I hear claims of a super vesc in the works in the rumor mill. Iā€™m hopeful of that. https://youtu.be/R0Y0-aL2cmU

2 Likes

Well, i over exaggerated a bit by saying 35mph. BUT 30 mph proof:

1 Like

This is awesome! I have been toying around building my next board to be faster one, I have one build with V2 cartons but the deck is too bouncy. Here is footage from summer 2016 (I was behind the camera, have to get full leathers for my friend next time :grin: Luckily we had no accident)

3 Likes